Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Updated Cloud + Sora!

Threads: 6
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
UPDATE: imageshack sucks ass so im using postimg.org

So i wanted to make Cloud truer to his final fantasy 7 counterpart therefore i redid the hair to look classic and more like ff7. I also made sora from scratch

Cloud:
[Image: ff7-cloud_2.png]

Sora:
[Image: other-sora.png]

Big thanks to d-_-b A.k.a pocoloco for his sprites
  Find

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
Both Images are too Pixelated.

Shine 
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
I'm interested in hearing Poco Loco's feedback on these.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
for the cloud, as far as I can see you tweaked the hair around a bit and did a little here and there to some parts of his body, but honestly I'd like to see how it looks in game

as for your Sora, its an alright attempt but his poses are far too much like Gau's to even really notice a substantial difference he looks just like Gau with a different hair style and outfit, which I'll say the hair isn't too bad, hair can be one of the trickiest things to do and for a beginner you nailed that much, I mean it isn't perfect, touch it up a tad bit detail-wise and make it a darker brown

also I would like to see some in game screen shots

remember they can look nice as an image, but if they don't work in game they're useless (I'm not trying to bring you down or discourage you I'm just being honest)

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to SSJ Rick for this post:
  • wolfokami321 (09-04-2014)

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
Not bad, but I'd like to see what they look like in game, Sora needs some different poses, he's so much different than the wild child, Gau. Also to let you know there is a pallete color order to the sprite sheets. The order of colors is as follows from left to right, background color(in all instances, this should be transparent), line color(this is the standard black color used when you draw the sprites), white(this is for the white of the sprite's eye and as a placeholder color, i.e. Sabin's pants are white and blue), hair color #1 lite, hair color #2 dark, skin color #1 lite, skin color #2 dark, clothing color 1 lite, clothing color 2 dark, clothing color 1 lite, clothing color 2 dark, NPC color 1, NPC color 2, NPC color 3, NPC Color 4(The last 4 colors are shared with NPCs, so watch what you make those because they won't show up during battle, they will show up white.)
  Find

Status
None
Ok guys will post some screenies

Gonna take me awhile to get gau back in my party, im at the part after you meet Strago and Relm but here's Cloud's(locke's) battle pose:
[Image: Copy_of_Final_Fantasy_III_00001.png]
And walking:
[Image: cloud_walking.png]

Also can someone make a keyblade sprite for the chocobo brush? I still havent been able to figure out weapon sprites and ff3usme has no way of editing them. So if someone could make a keyblade for each brush(just recolors) that would help alot and get me closer to finishing this project.

If someone wants to make a gunblade for squall they are welcome to aswell
  Find

Status
None
the chocobo brush is the same graphic as the rods, if that is changed your rods will be changed as well

as for that if you want something done, do it yourself, if you need help we will help you, 95% of us have a lot on our plates

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
Okay so to find and isolate a weapons entire sprite is whats giving me the majority of the issue, its like a jigsaw puzzle and I don't know where the sprite begins and ends. Therefore I could end up altering another sprite. There has got to be a weapon sprite editor besides tile viewers. Why did they give up on ff3usme, I thought they were gonna add that along with pallete changing
  Find

Status
None
yeah at first weapon editing can be a real pain in the ass but once you get it down and document your stuff its that much easier, it then gets to be really fun if you need a few pointers on making some weapons or something I don't mind telling you where to look and how to go about doing it

-HNIC

Status
None
I created a buster sword over the scimitar sprite and a keyblade sprite for my upcoming hack editing one of the paintbrush sprites. Looks good in game i will post screenies once i get that far in the game again... keep having to restart because i forget things here and there
  Find