Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy I - Redux

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
I'm willing to hook this hack up with some FFI songs at some point, as I have faith that this will be the best FFVI>FFI hack to date and probably ever the way it's shaping up and would like to contribute in the audio department to make it even more legit, if you'd like. Wink

Here's what I've done so far:
Battle Theme
Town
Chaos Temple
Cornelia Castle
Overworld
Sailing

I've got some more I was going to do as well, like Matoya's Cave, Airship, Dungeon, Game Over, Floating Castle, and probably Prelude and Menu and maybe others. Hopefully this will inspire and motivate you to keep going with this project as well.

I am also wondering how far you are planning on taking this hack, in terms of events and story changes.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • the_randomizer (06-01-2013)

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Those songs are amazing Nattak, I would love to implement them in the hack, they will definitely add an extra bit of polish that make this into something great. Your contributions are greatly appreciated.

As far for the future of the hack, I'm hoping to stay pretty true to the original for the most part, but I want to also give it the overhaul I thought that it deserved in the re-releases; bigger, more polished environments. More NPCs in town providing helpful (or at least funny or interesting) dialogue.

As far as additions, I have two character slots after having the player start with the original classes (6 basic classes, plus 6 graduated classes,) I am planning on adding to additional secret characters based on other final fantasy classes (one of which is designed, just not sprited yet, the other is up in the air.) My character change system fell through for the purposes of this game, so there will be an option to switch teammates by visiting the pub in Cornelia. I will be eliminating the church function, as it didn't really provide much to the game. The battle mechanics will obviously be those of FF6, making use of the FF6 status ailments. Enemies in battle will be fewer in numbers, but tougher than the original game. There will hopefully be an additional late/end dungeon or two, which will contain ultimate equipment and some super-bosses.

Currently the biggest pain in my butt is developing a way to create a working boat, but I am thinking I may have a solid workaround of that problem by utilizing the WoR map and a customized chipset. Fingers crossed.
  Find

Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
How in the name of all that is holy do you work such magic Smile

Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
What is the progress on this hack so far?

If you ever feel useless, just remember that Umaro has an MP stat.
  Find

Status
None
Still in progress, definitely not cancelled. Just on a temporary hiatus.
  Find

Threads: 0
Status
None
Is the hack nearly complete and if it is give the percentage please.Wink
  Find

Status
None
This hack is sadly not even remotely close to completion. There is a lot of work involved in a total conversion like this. I have the world map nearly complete, but there are still towns, dungeons, enemy scripts, events, and much much more to do. I hope this does see completion, but that will likely be a long time from now sadly.
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
So, how's the progress on this hack coming along?

If you ever feel useless, just remember that Umaro has an MP stat.
  Find

Status
None
Sorry for the necro, but have you considered using espers and relics to achieve different class stat gains, sprites, starting stats, and available equipment?  It should be possible to change the equipped espers and relics via event scripts (not a scripter so don't quote me on it) and each of those effects already exist for espers, relics, and other equipment.

Moogle Suit - changes sprite IIRC
Espers - change stat gains
Relics - change stats by both straight value and % value, change equipment options

With these three effects all redirected to Espers and Relics, and a buttload of Espers and Relics currently available, you should be able to do this with a lot of ASM hacking. I don't know if there are enough full commented disassemblies, but with just 4 characters you could remove a lot of stuff and save a lot of room for other things.