Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI Advance Editor

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
FF6AE editor

I've started making an editor for FFVI Advance on GBA. So far only the monster data, item data, spell data, actor data and fonts can be edited.

Things to mention:
  • All the bytes properties in the monster, item, and spell editor have not been tested nor inquiries made on them. Since the data is the same, I'm assuming they mean the same thing as in FF3us. I simply took the information mainly from FF3usME and applied it to the advance version.
  • In the monster editor, the only hardcoded data are the items names (4) of the morph patters. So if by any change you change that data manually, changes will not be reflected in the editor. This will be changed eventually.

• In the monster editor, if you select a normal attack looks higher than 0xFF (256), "unarmed" (0xFF) will be selected. This is because the advance version has more items but I highly doubt that the extra items have their own graphics. Plus the data is still on 1 byte so it's impossible to go higher than FF.

• In the acotr editor, if you select a piec e of equipment higher than 0xFF (256), "unarmed" (0xFF) will be selected. This is because the advance version has more items but the data is still on 1 byte so it's impossible to go higher than FF.

• In the fonts editors, if you make the width of the letter bigger by increasing the columns property, you need to reduce the width of another letter. This is because of the maximum size of the data. In the large font it's easy, you can just make some room by decreasing the width of the kanji symbols if you want. The number of bytes left is displayed in the top right corner. Saving with a negative amount of bytes will result in overwriting the data that is located after the font data.
  • In the fonts editors, you need to save the changes to a letter before switching to another one by saving changes locally. This does not save the changes in the ROM but only temporary. You need to save the ROM at the end of your work to save the changes permanently.
  • In the fonts editors, the pixels attribute is the number of pixels of the letter before drawing the next letter in a string. As an example, if your letter has a width of 5 pixels and the pixels attribute is set to 7, the next letter draw in a word will have a 2 pixels distance with this letter.
The editor works with the American version of the game for now only. The ROM name should be FF6ADVANCE with the serial AGB-BZ6E-USA. If you don't have those values when you load a ROM, you won't be able to open the different editors.

Download:

- If you have problems running the editor, install Microsoft .NET Framework 4 available here.

For version 2.0 and above, source code will be release as well. This way some people could teach me better programming practices :P

Screenshots:
  Find

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • apitch85 (07-04-2013), Leviathan Mist (07-10-2013), Technobliterator (01-31-2015)

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
awesome man

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Tissue-aware
I'm currently working on version 2.0. Version 1.0 was released in a hurry with the bare minimum but I will improve certain aspects. Here's my goals for the second release:
  • Full item editor (Item data).
  • Item renaming (possibly an option of relocating data).
  • Monster renaming (possibly an option of relocating data).
  • Monster sprite display (The 1st step to a monster sprite editor).
  • Selection lists generated with the font graphics (Monster names, item names, etc...).
  • Small and large fonts editor (possibly an option of relocating data).
  • Metamorph pack editor (If I ever find the data).

My goal is to finish this in 2 to 3 weeks. Let's hope for the best..
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
Well things are not going as fast as I would like to. I'm pretty busy with school and I didn't really worked on the editor last week. I made some progress on the font editor tonight. I won't meet my deadline for version 2.0 but it will be completed sooner or later.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
Version 1.1 is ready for download. I updated my first post with the version specifications. The font editor is fully working. I would greatly appreciate some feedback if someone plays with it or if any bug is found.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
progress is progress madsiur dont forget that

but keep up the incredible work

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Great work, I'm pretty excited about your work; much appreciated.
I've played around with the Monster Editor quite a bit, no issues.
Do you also plan to implement a Spell/Special Attack editor at some point?
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-25-2013, 05:07 PM)Valiente Wrote: Do you also plan to implement a Spell/Special Attack editor at some point?

Yes. I'm doing the items now and after should come the spell data. I also want the renaming option for monsters, items and spells.

Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Rage
Sweet! Now i can hack ff6 gba. Thanx. Smile

"That settles that! It takes brains to win!"
Sonja Advance War 2

Objection!
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
Version 2.0 has been released. Now all 271 items are editable, except their name. I updated the main post. Also it would be very kind of you if you report any bug or if you want to suggest an improvement.

I also decided to release the source code, for curious people :P

Now I accept suggestions on what I should focus next so if you're in need of hacking something in the advance version that is not featured in this editor, please tell me. I was aiming to do next the following things, in no particular order:
  • Item and monster renaming option
  • Treasure chests editor
  • Spell data editor
  • Spell animations editor
  Find