Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI Advance Editor

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(07-01-2013, 06:25 AM)Edrin Wrote: I'm pretty sure the percentages are fixed and you can't change one without changing them all. There is a common drop and a rare drop possibility for each mob.

Exactly. The common drop chance is 7/8 and rare drop 1/8.
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Is it possible to have the enemy editor set up in concordance to bestiary order #. It would be much easier to have it set up in order of appearance instead of always having to scroll through to try and find each enemy you're looking for. Granted, I have a lot of it memorized, but it would simplify the process as I go from area to area.

Also, do you plan on adding an enemy formation option. This would be very useful so I could edit certain parts to make it so there are no missable enemies. This would be a crucial feature for a hack release.

Just waiting for a final release, because this game requires you to edit as you play to get things right.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(07-03-2013, 11:42 PM)Joe73ffdq Wrote: Is it possible to have the enemy editor set up in concordance to bestiary order #. It would be much easier to have it set up in order of appearance instead of always having to scroll through to try and find each enemy you're looking for. Granted, I have a lot of it memorized, but it would simplify the process as I go from area to area.

No. Enemies will appear in the way they are ordered in the data. This does simplify a lot my work.

(07-03-2013, 11:42 PM)Joe73ffdq Wrote: Also, do you plan on adding an enemy formation option. This would be very useful so I could edit certain parts to make it so there are no missable enemies. This would be a crucial feature for a hack release.

Eventually yes but probably not in the next release.
  Find

Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
I am currently playing the FFVIA Restored rom (sounds + color correction patches). I was wondering if there is something that I can do on my end to make this rom compatible with your editor? All I really want to do is be able to edit character's stats to undo/redo esper growth (switch Terra from a mage to a fighter, etc).

edit: after a bit of research, it seems that the sound restoration patch (which is a necessity in my opinion; those gba sounds are awful) is compatible only with the EU version, while your save editor is (obviously) only compatible with the US version. Bummer =/ Any plans to extend this editor to the EU version (pretty please)?
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(07-04-2013, 04:25 AM)Smog Wrote: I am currently playing the FFVIA Restored rom (sounds + color correction patches). I was wondering if there is something that I can do on my end to make this rom compatible with your editor?

I'm going to make the next release compatible with the EU version. My biggest concern was the strings that are in three languages in this version but worst case scenario I'll make the strings and dialogues editor for the english version only. For the rest, it's just a matter of finding the data in the EU version, a thing I have not done yet but it isn't a hard process. The main reason I made the editor for the US version in the first place is because I had the US version ROM map.
  Find

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • apitch85 (07-05-2013)

Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
That's great to hear! I'm basically putting my playthrough (and soulshrine farming) on hold until then. I did grab a US rom just to play around with the current version and came across a question while using the item editor. I wanted to see if I could fix Edgar and Mog's DD weapons and give them the appropriate jump damage modifier (a clear oversight) but couldn't find an option for that item quality anywhere. Is that currently possible or no?
  Find

Status
None
Two more questions.

Will there be enemy treasure drop options?

Is it possible to change Evasion/M Evasion values for armors to other than multiples of ten? It would make the game more interesting if you could use any number from 1-100 to add Ev/ME to various armors.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(07-05-2013, 04:53 PM)Joe73ffdq Wrote: Will there be enemy treasure drop options?

Yes and it will be in the next release.

(07-05-2013, 04:53 PM)Joe73ffdq Wrote: Is it possible to change Evasion/M Evasion values for armors to other than multiples of ten?

No because both boosts are on the same byte following this order:

Code:
0x01 to 0x05 =  10% to 50%  (Evade)
0x06 to 0x0A = -10% to -50% (Evade)
0x10 to 0x50 =  10% to 50%  (Magic Block)
0x60 to 0xA0 = -10% to -50% (Magic Block)
  Find

Status
None
I forgot about a couple other things I was wondering about.

Natural magic growth on level ups for Terra and Celes. Also, is there a way to give other characters natural magic growth.

Script editing, and map editing.

Sprite editing for equipment so I can create my own. I want to give Gau a fight command, but I want him to have his own weapon set instead of just giving him claws.
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Out of curiosity, are Evade and M Block handled differently in FF6A from the original? I was able to change the values of Evade and M Block in the original, simply by modifying the code found here...

Code:
C2/1105: 00 00   (0)
C2/1107: 0A 00   (+10)
C2/1109: 14 00   (+20)
C2/110B: 1E 00   (+30)
C2/110D: 28 00   (+40)
C2/110F: 32 00   (+50)
C2/1111: F6 FF   (-10)
C2/1113: EC FF   (-20)  
C2/1115: E2 FF   (-30)
C2/1117: D8 FF   (-40)
C2/1119: CE FF   (-50)

...to any value I wanted. This does not change the in-game text which describes these changes; that had to be changed elsewhere.
  Find