Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI Advance Editor

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Imp
It would be excellent with a monster graphic changer. Nice work.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(06-07-2013, 12:54 PM)drrasputin Wrote: It would be excellent with a monster graphic changer. Nice work.

If I find all the needed offsets, I might adapt FF6se to the GBA version.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
So a quick update on this project, I decided to drop WinForms and rewrite my editor in WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation). It's a more recent programming model that offers more flexibility and that is supported by the Microsof development team (WinForms development team was fired back in 2005). There is a lot of learning to do on my side since it's a new way of building applications, but I made this decision because I wanted to learn WPF programming. You can expect a better looking editor but the next update won't be soon.

In the next version, I will include a portrait graphic editor that will be close to what you know in FF3se. This will be the first step to a complete graphic editor that will include monsters and espers graphics. I'm also working on on a dialogue editor, but there is still a lot of work to do on that side, mainly to display correctly the text windows as seen in-game. You can expect a renaming option in the next release for sure for things that are already editable such as monsters, items and actors.
  Find

Threads: 4
Status
None
Here's a suggestions; one which I'd pose to Lord J if I could. Create an option to change which spells the "...cast on low HP" options refer to. I can't imagine this would be too difficult to accomplish.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(06-23-2013, 04:40 AM)Marketa Lazarova Wrote: Here's a suggestions; one which I'd pose to Lord J if I could. Create an option to change which spells the "...cast on low HP" options refer to. I can't imagine this would be too difficult to accomplish.

It's a good suggestion but I'm tackling the data before the code in my editor. Also I would have to locate the code in the ROM and my ARM disassembling skills are pretty limited for now. However, it's not an option I'm excluding in the future, but not in the next release.

As for this option in a future FF3usME version, you can always send Lord J a email: lord_j@hotmail.com
  Find

Status
Imp
That is good news for further customization.
  Find

Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Are renaming Espers going to be an option in a future release?
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(06-28-2013, 04:28 PM)Joe73ffdq Wrote: Are renaming Espers going to be an option in a future release?

Yes. All the text is consecutive in the ROM so it's going to be easier to do complete renaming options.
  Find

Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
I just remembered the other thing I would really like to see.

The ability to edit what treasures are dropped by each enemy, and the ability to set the percentage ratio for each drop.

Thanks for taking interest in this game. This was one of the games I was hoping an editor would eventually be made for. I would really love to be able to have an editor for Dragon Warrior 3 for the NES in the likes of FF hackster. That would be awsome.
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
I'm pretty sure the percentages are fixed and you can't change one without changing them all. There is a common drop and a rare drop possibility for each mob.
  Find