Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ifrit's summoning sprite help

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I'm working on my FF6 rom back, and I'm running into a problem with Ifrit's summoning sprite, I want it to be standing in one place, not moving like it normally does. If anyone can help me with this problem, it will be very helpful.
  Find

Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Its rather advanced skill If you want to do that with the initial summoning. I guess the easiest way would be to find another summon that has the esper not moving and copy that part of the code ito ifrits code.
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Lucky-Girl
Make all of the frames have the same sprite. That way it loads the same sprite each time, and doesn't appear to be moving.

I assume you're talking about Ifrit spinning? Or did you mean how the animation moves up and off of the screen?

"The doom and gloom is justified.
A couple of people are going to die.
Even though you can turn back the time,
you're always a moment too late!"
  Find

Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Yeah, I'm talking about Ifrit spinning. Thank you for the help
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Sleep
You will have to port a different sprite or edit the current one to only include him not spinning but that is trickier since at least I always have transparency issues when I edit the sprites. You can change the animation ID but you are still left with the sprite sheet that is in pieces, so I would suggest first changing his sprite(his battle sprite would be an easy option) in FF3SE.

Then you have to change the animation in FF3usME. I did some testing and tried Phoenix's sprite index which is 8111 and it looked ok, not quite centered but its hard to make it perfect. Just change the idx 0 and idx 3 to 8111 and that should make the change. You can tinker with other stuff to depending on what you want to do but not everything is compatible.