Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Community Hack

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-02-2012, 01:50 PM)Zeemis Wrote: I've decided to rely on the already existing FF6 zone tilesets. Ie, dungeon, castle, towns, etc.
I'm trying to get use to them, and how layers work, so I made a basic cafe.

This looks great!

You roof or at least part of it should be on layer 2 so the party leader character can pass behind it if he's able to get there...just saying.

Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
That also applies for "over-under" buildings, ie, an over hang or bridge you can walk under. I love that it uses layers in FF6.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
About assigning graphics to a character without changing anything else, that shouldn't be a problem. The game assigns properties with the $40 command and graphics with the $37 command, so they can be changed independently of one another. However, if you were to try and give him an extra command or something, that might be trickier. I'm wondering if you could do it by using the same idea the original game used for Morph (because it becomes available partway through the game) and branch to this code (which allows Jump to be selected) if the player chooses part dragoon class.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
I mean no disrespect, but how is this relevant to my hack? o_O
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Sutebenu said: "Well the Squire could easily be done, I mean if you have him look knightish already it is just a simple matter of having the protect others status on his items or jump but as for changing the sprite itself while retaining everything else about him...I am not so sure how easily that can be done." This is what I was referring to. I should probably have put the quote here earlier. As for the whole jump thing - I was just thinking about if you were to give him an extra command when he gained the new job class, though that wasn't really relevant because you never mentioned it anyways Surprised.

Confused Moogles FTW