Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Community Hack

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
Yes! I'm gonna find some time to practice today with the resources you gave me last night and see how it goes Smile

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Status
Traitor
Good deal. Smile
While you do that, I'll start categorizing the entire world of balance map.
  Find

Status
Traitor
Introduction
I've been thinking. What if you had three choices at the beginning of the game to choose between 3 different openings? You can choose the role of a girl, a boy, or a moogle.

Plot
The new continent is called "Teverenti". The other two continents will be called "Asura" and "New Gaia".
Here is the way the layout will work for the "Squire's Tale". Follow the map as a guide as you read what I have to say below.
https://www.ff6hacking.com/misc/imgshk.png

At the beginning of the game, if you choose the Squire's Tale, you'll start on the continent called "Teverenti".

1. You'll start in Castle Doran where you'll immediately embark on a mission to become a full fledged Knight.
2. As your first task, you are sent to a little hut on the beaches of Doran where you must obtain a signed letter of approval from Master Doga. You'll be asked a bunch of questions to see if you're of pure heart.
3. Once signed, you'll return it back to Castle Doran where you're sent on the second mission, a continuation of your virtue of becoming a full fledged knight. You're tasked with adventuring through the "Cave of Hero Trials".
4-7. Once through the cave, you'll finally reach Castle Windspear, home of the ancient Dragoons. As your final initiation of Knight-hood, you can choose to become part Dragoon or a full fledged Knight.
8. After you have chosen your pivotal role, you're sent back to Castle Doran via a ship on the dock. It's at this time when certain events around the world start to unfold simultaneously. The Moogle arives on Teverenti in the little town known as "Fara", the princess.........TBA.
So you go to the dock and get on the ship and set sail back to Castle Doran. Suddenly (as mentioned above), a mysterious hurrcane appears, the ocean's waters start to get very choppy and you take a turn for the worst. Your boat crashes a little north west of your current position near Fara. The male adventure sets off for the nearest village, Fara, where he is accompanied by the moogle in a battle (Gau's script). The Moogle introduces itself as "Moguri".
-Moguri joins the group-

9. You both enter Fara only to find that the town is empty and all the doors shut, and locked. As you're about to leave the town, a boy runs up to you and tells you that he got separated from his family whom left for the mountains and that he'd like you to help him reunite with his family. He introduces himself as Gidan, son of the towns blacksmith.
-Gidan joins the group-

The group now finds their way through the hilly mountains until they reach the top where a -boss- is holding the entire village captive. Your party attempts to reason with the enemy where you both come to an agreement, and it almost works until the enemy decides to metaphorically backstab you with a "Back Attack". You learn of the Jaden Empire's plans to seize the crystals of this world for their own selfish reasons, and then your group defeats the boss. The turmoil of Fara ends, and the boy's father runs over to him. Dialog starts and he ultimately says that he had intentionally left him in Fara and that he felt his son was a discrase to their bloodline. After seeing the courage in the boys eyes, he says that he's proud of him but he cannot accept him as a "Cristophe", ancestor of the honorable General Leo Cristophe. The blacksmith then asks the group if the boy can continue his journey with them. The Moogle shows the "?" emoticon and raises his arms in confusion, and the male adventure reluctantly accepts because of his age.

13. The group is sent to temple to the far west where they meet Master Unei, guardian of the Fire Crystal.
TBA.

Primary Antagonists
-=World of Light=-
Garland
Emperor Mateus
Zemus

-=Portal of the Worlds=-
Cloud of Darkness

-=World of Darkness=-
Exdeath
Xande
Kefka
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Well so far that I can see that would be just plain wonderful...and probably a nightmare to event edit...which is a pity since it sounds like a great idea
  Find

Status
Traitor
Don't a lot of the events already exist? Such as the choose a path event. I can see the "pick a class" to be difficult to create, although I'd like for the event to replace the squire sprite with either a Dragoon or Knight character. Would this be a real hassle?
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Well the Squire could easily be done, I mean if you have him look knightish already it is just a simple matter of having the protect others status on his items or jump but as for changing the sprite itself while retaining everything else about him...I am not so sure how easily that can be done. Though the choose the path thing is simple enough what I was referring to was the other more filling stuff like the questions event, the very beginning, pretty much everything in the cave of Hero Trials, plus remapping what direction the ship goes...its a lot but I think Angelo or someone else would be able to give you a better idea of what has to be done
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Yeah, it would be a LOT of work event-wise, but definitely very doable. The Overworld and the story is incredibly awesome though, great job so far, I love it! - and it's very tempting to want to work on... I'm sure I can lend a hand with something(s) down the line. Let's really not let this project die.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Traitor
One thing I really want to try to do with this hack is remove the -- yes, I still want too lol -- mode7 on the overworld so you the player can play the game and see the graphics for that they are and not a jumbled blurry scrambled mess.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-01-2012, 06:34 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Yeah, it would be a LOT of work event-wise, but definitely very doable. The Overworld and the story is incredibly awesome though, great job so far, I love it! - and it's very tempting to want to work on... I'm sure I can lend a hand with something(s) down the line. Let's really not let this project die.

Once you fix all the bugs in ROTDS, this would be a nice project to work on...I gave my name for events too!
  Find

Status
Traitor
I've decided to rely on the already existing FF6 zone tilesets. Ie, dungeon, castle, towns, etc.
I'm trying to get use to them, and how layers work, so I made a basic cafe. It's not much yet, but I hope to make a masterpiece of a town soon enough. Smile
[Image: imgshk.png]
  Find