Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
SNES Label Template

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
This is something I started working on last night after seeing the labels on that portuguese site mentioned in another thread. The Chrono Trigger one looked good, but still suffered from some problems like the black of the label not being black. I thought I would try improving it... and here is the result:

[Image: chrono-label-v1-small.png]

And here is the PSD template

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to pjmcphee87 for this post:
  • Angelo26 (01-19-2012)

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Status
Regen
I made a blank one yesterday. I used a MK2 label as a base for comparison once I cleaned it up. This is a low res sample.

[Image: SNES%20Cartridge%20Label%20(Blank)%20VERY%20SMALL.png]

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Status
None
(01-19-2012, 03:07 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: I made a blank one yesterday. I used a MK2 label as a base for comparison once I cleaned it up. This is a low res sample.
Heh, great minds think alike Smile

Find

Status
Regen
(01-19-2012, 03:08 PM)PJM Wrote:
(01-19-2012, 03:07 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: I made a blank one yesterday. I used a MK2 label as a base for comparison once I cleaned it up. This is a low res sample.
Heh, great minds think alike Smile

I can email you the high res BMP I created so you can use any of it you need like the official seal and the little purple rectangle.

On the rectangle I noticed some games use a red one...

I will reprint the labels for my game mods without the esrb.

Now we need the back label...

Status
None
(01-19-2012, 03:17 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: I can email you the high res BMP I created so you can use any of it you need like the official seal and the little purple rectangle.

On the rectangle I noticed some games use a red one...

I will reprint the labels for my game mods without the esrb.

Now we need the back label...
What is the resolution of your image? The only thing I'm worried about is the fact that I bumped up the dpi of my label to 150 so it will print better, but when the original is blown up to my resolution, it looks pretty bad. Here is a comparison of both at 3333x1790:

Original
[Image: ct-old1.png]

Mine:
[Image: ct-new1.png]

Original
[Image: ct-old2.png]

Mine:
[Image: ct-new2.png]

P.S. Sorry for the image sizes

Find

Status
Regen
My resolution is 3876x2067.

My problem is finding a print shop to print these labels at the correct size whilst keeping the image quality.

Email sent with my large res label. Maybe if we combine our forces we can get a good quality template to use. Problem is games like Super Mario RPG have graphics that spill over into the rest of the label.

I will try and setup my old (REALLY OLD) scanner to see if I can get a good scan of some of my most clean labels. I think I've got a couple of boxed protected sports games with immaculate labels.

Status
None
(01-19-2012, 04:25 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: My resolution is 3876x2067.

My problem is finding a print shop to print these labels at the correct size whilst keeping the image quality.

Email sent with my large res label. Maybe if we combine our forces we can get a good quality template to use. Problem is games like Super Mario RPG have graphics that spill over into the rest of the label.

I will try and setup my old (REALLY OLD) scanner to see if I can get a good scan of some of my most clean labels. I think I've got a couple of boxed protected sports games with immaculate labels.
Hey I got the email, and I must say I'm quite surprised by the detail in your template. Do you have photoshop? I have some psd's I want you to look at

Find

Status
Regen
(01-19-2012, 05:09 PM)PJM Wrote:
(01-19-2012, 04:25 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: My resolution is 3876x2067.

Hey I got the email, and I must say I'm quite surprised by the detail in your template. Do you have photoshop? I have some psd's I want you to look at

I actually used MSPaint and Gimp believe it or not. I don't have PhotoShop installed but I'm sure I can obtain it. lol

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Beautiful work, PJM!

Can I request a high quality BOF2 scan? Laugh

Status
Regen
At some point I will make one. I plan on making one when I start to put my hacks on carts. Smile