Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
SNES Label Template

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
As soon as I get financial stability I will seek out a print shop. I can pick up donor carts (sports games) locally for $1.95 each to use as test subjects for the printed labels.

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
The Paladen's Quest label looks beautiful JCE. Fantastic work there, makes me want to buy it! =) There's nothing quite like the details of 'cart art' that brings back a flood of memories and nostalgia, that's for sure~ Maybe if one of you does Chrono Trigger, you could somehow redo Marle from casting Fire, into some kind of Ice looking attack. Wink

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Status
None
(01-24-2012, 10:54 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Maybe if one of you does Chrono Trigger, you could somehow redo Marle from casting Fire, into some kind of Ice looking attack. Wink
Great idea, but unfortunately I'm no good with creating something from scratch Sad. If someone can make a mockup or something I can probably fit it in there Smile

And here are my two latest, using what I hope is the final version of my template.

Breath of Fire II:
[Image: bof2-v1.png]
The logo on the spine is blurry, I messed with the colors to make the darks deeper (and the lights brighter), and I had to recreate some elements myself where logos were covering the picture... oh and his arm sticks out of the frame more, but overall I think it turned out alright. Just don't look in the bottom left corner Tongue

Chrono Trigger (Yet again):
[Image: ct-v3.png]
I think this is as good as I'm going to get it. I adjusted the colors on this too because I thought the original was a little washed out looking. I personally don't see any problems with it, but that doesn't mean someone else won't.

And finally, I'm ready to release my PSD template, just need to send it to JCE3000GT so he can host it... I don't trust hosting sites lately lol. It's almost 3mb, but I wanted to include Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire II, and Final Fantasy II in the template so other people can make changes to those if they wish.
A few more:

[Image: ffvi-v2.png]

and for those who prefer the original artwork:

[Image: ffvi-v1.png]

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
awesome job

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Regen
Excellent PJM! I love the Super Famicom conversions. I wanted to try this myself.

As soon as you send me the stuff I will get to work on the SNES Restoration Center page.

Also, if you have any more time after the SNES labels could you see about Super Famicom labels? My scanner cannot seem to get a good scan for me to use a cart of mine for an example.

Status
Regen
How about Drakkhen? These were based off of my scans using my SHITTY scanner. I haven't fixed the 2 digit identifier at the bottom yet. You can tell the title graphic is a bit fuzzy and lacking crisp.

[Image: drakkhen_front_md.png]

Status
None
Most labels will be fuzzy I think. Finding high quality scans is difficult, especially for less popular games. This label looks great though!

Find

Status
Regen
I guess when these are printed in real size you won't notice. That's what I am hoping.

Status
None
(01-26-2012, 07:34 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: I guess when these are printed in real size you won't notice. That's what I am hoping.
Yeah me too. Not that I'll be printing any myself since I lack the console and any games, but with my name attached to these, I feel like I have a reputation or something lol

Find

Status
Regen
(01-26-2012, 09:51 PM)PJM Wrote:
(01-26-2012, 07:34 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: I guess when these are printed in real size you won't notice. That's what I am hoping.
Yeah me too. Not that I'll be printing any myself since I lack the console and any games, but with my name attached to these, I feel like I have a reputation or something lol

What I will do is have some printed and pick up some cheap donor carts. Once I get some practice putting the labels on with no air bubbles and even I might send you an empty shell with a label do you can inspect it yourself. lol