Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
SNES Label Template

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
Your FFII logo is really nice PJM. I'll need a copy of the final product...Finding a place for printing shouldn't be a problem after that.
  Find

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
Now we need the back labels. I cannot find the font used. I thought it was courier but I don't know.

I am loving this whole label thing. Smile

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Status
None
(01-23-2012, 11:38 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: Now we need the back labels. I cannot find the font used. I thought it was courier but I don't know.

I am loving this whole label thing. Smile
I can't find any pics of the back label. Can you take one and I'll see what I can do? Oh, and measurements for it please Smile

And here is the near final version of FF2. The letters are much better, I'm using new graphics for some logos (like the Super Nintendo one), and I gave up searching for the same Square logo from the original cart. I also re-did the shiny starburst lookin' thing on the sword, but I'm not happy with it, so I'm not willing to call it final yet.

Also, It's annoying that every boxart and label I see on the internet has a different shade of red, HOW DO I KNOW WHICH SHADE TO USE?!?!?! LOL

anyway, here is the label:
[Image: ff2us-v2.png]

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Status
Regen
(01-24-2012, 12:12 PM)PJM Wrote: I can't find any pics of the back label. Can you take one and I'll see what I can do? Oh, and measurements for it please :)

Will have it in a few minutes.

Quote:And here is the near final version of FF2. The letters are much better, I'm using new graphics for some logos (like the Super Nintendo one),

Very good. I'll update my template as well. Also, I've noticed that the "Licensed by Nintendo" on the top left varies from cart to cart. Example:

LICENSED BY
NINTENDO

or

LICENSED
BY
NINTENDO

The purple triangle is also noticeably different in height position on some carts. Not to mention the "purple" rectangle is different sizes and even red in some cases.

Quote:and I gave up searching for the same Square logo from the original cart. I also re-did the shiny starburst lookin' thing on the sword, but I'm not happy with it, so I'm not willing to call it final yet.

Label looks very clean now, as good as than the original. I wouldn't mind putting that in place of an original label. But I see you are like me and are a perfectionist so tweak it until your satisfied! lol As for the Square logo we might need someone with a good condition box to see if they can scan it so we can use that for a source to clean up... I don't have mine anymore.

Quote:Also, It's annoying that every boxart and label I see on the internet has a different shade of red, HOW DO I KNOW WHICH SHADE TO USE?!?!?! LOL

It seems there were two batches of FF2 boxes, and I believe they were tied into which release batch you had. The first "fat" cart style and the second "skinny" cart style with the bottom middle portion cut out. I had both boxes and they were different shades. This could also be the image source on the internet itself being used isn't as high of a quality?

*EDIT*

FYI, after measuring the front label on SNES carts the size is 8.2cm x 4.3cm. I'll get to the back label in a few minutes and edit this post again.
Back label dimensions are: 7.8cm x 3.0cm.

Here's a properly resized scan of my back cart label. Funny thing on these is I checked out at least 30 carts and these labels aren't ever put on 100% straight. They are all cock-eyed at least a couple of degrees either way. So you'll have to see if you can clean it up and straighten it for me because I gave up. lol I cannot identify the font used either to retype it either.

[Image: snes_label_back-sm.png]

Status
None
(01-24-2012, 03:47 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: Very good. I'll update my template as well. Also, I've noticed that the "Licensed by Nintendo" on the top left varies from cart to cart. Example:

LICENSED BY
NINTENDO

or

LICENSED
BY
NINTENDO
I already have both versions in my template, easily selectable by hiding and showing the respective layers.

(01-24-2012, 03:47 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: The purple triangle is also noticeably different in height position on some carts. Not to mention the "purple" rectangle is different sizes and even red in some cases.
I have a red, purple, and gold rectangle in my template. I didn't know the height was different in some of them though. From the few carts I've seen, I just thought they were all the same and the middle point of the rectangle is where the label wraps around to the spine of the cart.

(01-24-2012, 03:47 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: Label looks very clean now, as good as than the original. I wouldn't mind putting that in place of an original label. But I see you are like me and are a perfectionist so tweak it until your satisfied! lol As for the Square logo we might need someone with a good condition box to see if they can scan it so we can use that for a source to clean up... I don't have mine anymore.
I'm not a perfectionist... well I am, but not in this case, I just know other people are. I'm sure there are those who would want a 100% replica, and would criticize my label for not being true to the original.

(01-24-2012, 03:47 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: It seems there were two batches of FF2 boxes, and I believe they were tied into which release batch you had. The first "fat" cart style and the second "skinny" cart style with the bottom middle portion cut out. I had both boxes and they were different shades. This could also be the image source on the internet itself being used isn't as high of a quality?
I wasn't aware of the "skinny" cart style, interesting... See, this is why I need your help! I've been away from classic gaming far too long.

(01-24-2012, 03:47 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: Here's a properly resized scan of my back cart label. Funny thing on these is I checked out at least 30 carts and these labels aren't ever put on 100% straight. They are all cock-eyed at least a couple of degrees either way. So you'll have to see if you can clean it up and straighten it for me because I gave up. lol I cannot identify the font used either to retype it either.
This is perfect, thanks. I'll start on it tonight Smile

Find

Status
Regen
How's this? Its the best I could do using MSPaint and Gimp.

[Image: square.png]

Status
None
(01-24-2012, 04:45 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: How's this? Its the best I could do using MSPaint and Gimp.
That will do nicely, thanks Smile

Find

Status
Regen
Here's my first attempt at a complete label so far. I cannot get the right purple for the Enix logo... And I ditched the "TM" from the top portion.

[Image: pq-sm.png]

Thoughts?

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
I have one thing to say: I think you're both making an awesome job creating those labels!
  Find

Status
None
JCE3000GT Wrote:Here's my first attempt at a complete label so far. I cannot get the right purple for the Enix logo... And I ditched the "TM" from the top portion.
Looks great! I want to just devote a full day to this and see how many I can get done.

(01-24-2012, 09:34 PM)Madsiur Wrote: I have one thing to say: I think you're both making an awesome job creating those labels!
Thanks Madsiur! I just hope we can print them and have them look the way we want. Even if we could just test one and see if it fits, I would feel much better lol.

Find