Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation"

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
the reason why that occurred is because the improvement patch already has the same font change implemented

but the reason why it messes up is because me and Dark Mage went about changing the font in 2 completely different ways

he used hex and I used usme

thats why it messes up a bit since he changed some bytes around

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(11-20-2011, 04:19 PM)Poco Loco Wrote: thats why it messes up a bit since he changed some bytes around

Didn't I mention this before XD
Darkmage's patch shuffles code around, not many patches might work with his work

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Ah, I see.

[Image: AegisBanner01.png]

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
I have a question for Aegis Runestone: Where did you get your NPC script for the Advance(GBA) version? I've looked on the net but I only found the script for the main dialogs (on gamefaqs I think). I'm also doing somewhat of a translation in my hack, as I try to keep the best of the SNES and GBA scripts and there will be a lot of new dialogs. Anyway as for the npcs dialogs right now I play the game on a GBA emulator and rewrite the dialogs as I play in FF3usME but it's tedious as I have to check in the snes version which dialog corresponds first.
  Find

Status
None
I actually don't have the NPC script. Hence why I need a couple of people to help me get it all. :S Also, the main dialog (at least on GameFAQs) has some spelling errors and it doesn't cover every plot situation (for example, in Locke's scenario, it doesn't cover whether you're Locke, a Merchant, or a Soldier in terms of dialog).

Threads: 3
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I don't know if you've tried expanding the item names or not, but since I realized that the GBA names won't fit in the SNES version, I was planning on comparing the items in the SNES version to earlier and later Final Fantasies in an attempt to come up with a "sanitized" list of items across the series. IMO, Final Fantasy 4 still has the best way of handling specific item types (since the symbols tell you what the item actually is, so putting the knife symbol in front of a weapon and then naming it something like "MythrilKnife" always seemed strange to me).
  Find

Status
None
Well, Angelo provided a way for me to expand the names.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
I thought this might help you:

I found the npc and battle (small and big quotes) scripts for the GBA version in my computer. I don't remember where I found them on the net...

I had them all that time!Cover

The only thing is you have to search a bit for what you want because it's lines and lines of text. Enjoy!

GBA Scripts

edit: download link updated
  Find

Status
None
Oooo... thanks. Hopefully, I'll be able to figure out which script goes to which NPC. ^^; Though, I'll still need help tagging the scripts. Anyone want to help?

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
(12-17-2011, 07:26 PM)Aegis Runestone Wrote: Oooo... thanks. Hopefully, I'll be able to figure out which script goes to which NPC. ^^; Though, I'll still need help tagging the scripts. Anyone want to help?
I will help. I haven't seen you online on skype to talk to you about it and co-ordinate our efforts in some way though.

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find