Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy 6: The 2nd War of the Magi

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
hey guys its been way too long since you have heard anything from me, and this is the reason, I've been heavily working on my hack (not my other 2, they are still in early development) this is overall an improvement of FF6 with some twists and new flavor, the main focus is to give characters more personality and establish a much more thorough relationship among them, this hack will (hopefully) keep you on edge and make you fall in love with the game all over again

this is what this hack will have:

-new monster sprites
-some new custom espers
-new font
-custom portraits
-custom spells
-99% of the dialog will be changed
-all the characters will be remixed to look nice and sexy Wink
-tremendous amounts of custom events and tweaks
-many secret/hidden bosses
-revamped equipment
-more side quests
-characters have much more personality
-many aspects of the story are explained (some are slightly changed in ways that it will make sense)

here are a few things you guys might like to know Wink

-Kefka is WAY more psychotic lolz
-Gestahl is a RUTHLESS bad ass
-General Leo is a no BS kind of guy
-Banon is no weak/feeble old man
-Celes is a cold-hearted woman
-Cyan does NOT talk like an Englishman (not gonna happen sorry)
-Gau's dialog will be 100% different

there is much more but there is no sense in spoiling it Wink

here are some screenshots

we got just a few mugshots here
[Image: imgshk.png]

here are some juicy character tweaks and dialog

a little comic relief Wink

much more 2 come soon give me some feedback guys

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to SSJ Rick for this post:
  • Iug2.7.9 (04-10-2015), Robo Jesus (12-25-2017)

Status
None
TerraxLocke? Smile

Status
None
you'll see Wink

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
any update?

Status
None
I'm still working on the dialog which is a massive undertaking

but helping out Nattak with his hack is taking up a lot more time

-HNIC

Status
None
Hey guys I'm not one to necro post especially not on my own stuff but I have some MAJOR updates

almost all of my characters are done, I made a lot more changes in the dialog (still nowhere near finished though), I am planning out a lot of events and working on a few other things as well

I'm going to post up a few teasers and I'd love some Feedback

-HNIC

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware

I especially like The Imperial soldier mugshot. Your sprites edits are really cool too, especially Locke, Kefka and the returner sprite.

I would also really like seeing a few custom events. I didn't know you could do event...
  Find

Status
None
the imperial soldiers are of course Lijj's handy work (with his permission of course they are in my hack as well)

as for events I'm not quite there yet, but I have a lot of plans down already as well as several of them in the works as we speak

I'll need a bit of your help of course, but now whenever I do anything hack related its to help out Nattak with his hack

-HNIC

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Awesome!

I like how you keep the spirit of the original game intact (as opposed to a parody/fanservice hack) The changes in the script seem logical and fun from the brief glimpse. I look forward to seeing how you expand on the original story!

Also I agree with compliments to your art. They don't seem out of place from the little you have shown. Cool stuff. I can;t wait to try this out and see all the other changes you have made! Best of luck!
  Find

Threads: 9
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Awesome. Im still editing the storyline in my hack, but your hack beats mine by a lot. Keep it up Smile

The past is the past, but we can change our fate of Future.
[Image: amcvab.png]
Final Fantasy III: Recrution