Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy 6: SMRPG Half-Update

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Basically, Super Mario RPG, in Final Fantasy 6 form. I know this would require a LOT of effort. Remapping, sprite edits, ability and equipment edits... Even though the game itself might be much shorter than a full FF6 hack, a lot more work may have to go into this one. Right now, I'm taking things one step at a time, as far as ideas. First up, Characters.

FF6 Character -> Mario Character (Skill [original skill name])

Terra -> Mario (Jump, Fireball [SwordTech])

Locke -> Mallow (Magic, Weather[Dance])

Edgar -> Luigi (Slots?)

Sabin -> Geno (Star[Lore?], Mimic)

Celes -> Peach (Magic, GP Rain)

Shadow -> Bowser (Minion[Summon?], Scare[Control])

Cyan -> Link (SwordArt [Blitz])

Gau -> Yoshi (Egg[Magitek])

Setzer -> Baby Bowser [AKA: Junior] (Sketch)

Relm -> Daisy (Magic, Health)

Strago -> E.Gadd (Tools)

Mog -> Wario (Fart [Shock], Mug)

Umaro -> Waluigi

Gogo -> Sonic (Morph)

So, those are all the characters. More than the original, obviously, but I thought it might be more fun that way. Link is in, purely because of his cameo in the original game. I know Samus had one, too, but I like Link more. Sonic is in because no reason.

Ok, so, here's the list of things this game will be doing, one step at a time.

1. PC Sprites
2. Ability Redesign
3. NPC Sprites
4. Dialogue

Thats for the smaller, easier project we decided to work on first. Thats basically putting the characters into FF6's universe. Kind of a sequal to SMRPG, if you will. After that, here's what needs to be done to turn it into SMRPG.

1.Map Edit
2.Event Changes
3.Dialogue

This should clear things up, I hope.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
I like the idea. I don't have any other suggestion than that this hack would be nice with some new events to differ from the FF6 story and get closer to the SMRPG story. Don't give up!
  Find

Status
None
I certainly will try my best. Me and a friend have started going over things, and a few things seem difficult starting off with... such as needing to delve into the hard coding, which I'm not so good at... So I may need to alter a few ideas for the time being, to take it slowly... but, one step at a time. We're toying with the sprite implementations, and palletes right now.
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
You know I always wanted to do something like this, however my hack is slowly becoming more like smash brothers.

[hrc]red[/hrc]
Anyways Elvin gadd would be easy to work with bowser's palette Wink

heres a quick sketch cuz I was making an npc of him awhile back.

[Image: H0QeMtt.png]
  Find

Status
None
Oh, man, if you were to finish that, that'd help us out a bit. Looks pretty cool going off of that. I'm waiting for my main spriter to finish the other stuff I need, then I'm finally gonna be able to take some screenshots for you guys. Tongue
  Find

Threads: 1
Status
None
Hi, I'm Halkel, lead spriter of this project. I'm currently working on the following so far:
[progress=100]Peach:[/progress] [progress=97]Geno:[/progress] [progress=100]Mallow:[/progress] Mallow uses the same palette as Peach.
[progress=100]Link:[/progress] [progress=100]Sonic:[/progress]
[progress=95]Daisy:[/progress]
**NOTE** This is the original Daisy as seen in Mario Party 3 as well as in Super Smash Bros Melee as a Trophy, before her tan went down and had a haircut as well as a change of crown and dress.
[progress=100]Bowser Jr.:[/progress]
[progress=74]Wario *Updated*:[/progress]
[progress=58]Waluigi *Updated*:[/progress]
[progress=36]Portraits *Updated*:[/progress]
Plans:
  1. Currently, see if I can finish off all the characters so I can work on assigning palettes for each one with ease.
  2. Portraits for all playable characters.
  3. Finalise Palette adapting for all PCs.
  4. Likely upload these to a separate post in the Playable Characters Forum. Well, the completed ones anyways.
  Find

Status
Mental-Break
I admire how you guys are working together.. pretty awesome.. your sprites look like they are coming from a great start actually.. little tweaks here n there like the walking motions could be fixed easily. I also really like peach's hair. I do have one suggestion though... I feel mallow might work better on peach's palette to keep that mario rpg coloration. Just a suggestion Wink .

[Image: 171upJj.png]
  Find

Status
None
Always welcome. These are just pre-production, I intend to see where the tweaking are needed. I have a feeling peach's hands in front might be a bit too much to be honest.
Oh, about your mario sprites, the look down kinda looks weird. seeing as the head rotates rather then looking like the head dips like most others as well as the hat on the looking to the side sprite makes his head look static and only his eyes and nose move. Other then that, It looks amazing.
Anyways, moving on, your suggested Palette now being used:

EDIT:Quick edit, using Peach's lightest skin shade looks way better for the highlights but I'll keep both for judging.
Also, we worked together for some time actually. Maybe not for the same projects but he judged the Terra sprite I made for FFL before Square Enix C&D'd it. Because of this, our attempt to recreate FF6 for Byond got scrapped as well, where the Sonic sprites came from.
  Find

Status
Mental-Break
Yea mario could use some tweaking haha.. Let me recheck him n update changes..

As for Mallow, both of those look great actually. Much better using the pink instead of red. Great job! Hard decision with A or B..

https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...6#pid17156

tried to fix a bit, also reworked his mustache n riding sprite
  Find

Status
None
I saw it, looks better though the rotation isn't looking right still on the head rotation, I've made demonstration as well as a quick fix for you which I'll admit isn't that great either XD. Hope it helps some.

About the Mallow sprite, yeah even the original Mallow sprite shows blending colours. A. matches this though B. would work better with FF6's size though unlike the one used in SMRPG as it doesn't blend too much and you can see the shape of his cloud-like body better.
  Find