Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FFIV Tileset -> FFVI

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
I'm unsure if I'm going to finish this so if anyone wants to take a stab at it, I'm uploading it so you guys can. I'm about 85-90% done with this entire overworld tileset.
In order to work with and finish this tileset, you will need:
-Geiger's Peer Sprite Viewer
-YY-CHR
-LunarIPS (Or some other IPS patching tool)
-The GIMP (Maybe)

For referencing purposes, "TS" stands for Tileset in this regard.
To begin working with this, open NewTS.bin inside YY-CHR. Set it to 4BPP GBA and press F12 to load an emulator palette savestate. Open up NewTS.zst to view the new palette. You can now begin to edit the tileset by either manually drawing in tiles, or by copy and pasting them. If you copy and paste, you will absolutely have to set the palette up in The Gimp. The Gimp has a feature that allows a person to move colors around inside a tileset to his or her own specification.
Colors (Tab at top) > Map > Color > Rearrange Colormap

Once you have the tile you wish to import down to 16 colors or less, move the colors around on the tileset and import to YY-CHR via copy pasta.
Take Notice!
Once you're done with your changes to NewTS.bin in YYCHR, save it out and open up Peer Sprite Viewer. Open the rom and entier this offset to "Start" and "End": 2F134F
Click "Compress" and enter the same offset under "Address". Click "..." and select your bin file you were editing. If you're making a new tileset, you will have to specify a name for it. Click recompress and save, load the rom up in the emulator and see how it looks in-game.
Hacking tilesets can be difficult because it can get somewhat confusing trying to understand what you're actually looking at infront of you, and how tedious it can get. I've included an original bin and tileset for those who want to compare the old to the new. Open both the new tileset bin and old in two seperate YYCHR windows and load their palettes, enjoy.

-=Download=-
http://www.FF6hacking.com/FFIV_TAY_Tileset_to_FFVI.zip

How the new overworld tileset appears in the level editor:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/misc/imgshk.png

How it appears in-game:
[Image: imgshk.png]

How it appears in YYCHR:
[Image: imgshk.png]

Find