Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Overworld map (WoB) tileset graphics location & assistance

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
I tried to PM Zeemis but his personal message quota is maxed out.

I'm in the middle of working on a secret hack but I've run in to a slight roadblock on something that Zeemis (or someone else here) might could help me with. I need to edit/replace some of the graphic tiles in the WoB tileset but do not know where to begin. Graphics editing is not my strongest suit in ROM hacking so I'm going to need a little guidance. I'm not looking to replace the whole graphic tileset just a few of the tiles. Do you know what the easiest method I can follow to replace the overworld tileset graphics? Or if someone would do the replacement(s) for me I would give them a solid credit line in the ending. I've got Nattak on board for music related items but the rest is being done by my solo so I'm a bit overworked with doing the rest. LOL Any help is greatly appreciated! :D

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
The WOB / WOR tile graphics are compressed so your first step would be inevitably to decompress them using Peer Sprite Viewer. Now they won't appear as a tileset but as tile graphics meaning some tile graphics are used in multiple tiles of the tileset to maximize the space used. My guess is that you would have a sheet similar to the bottom right window of FF6LE.

The rest of the job is to identify them and with trials / errors get a modification that fits in every possible normal combinations of the tiles of the tileset. Tileset tiles are 16x16 and a tile graphic is 8x8 if I remember right, meaning you use 4 to have a complete tile.

Peer Sprite Viewer tutorial

Zeemis email: zemious@gmail.com

Offsets (headered ROM):

Code:
2F134F-2F344F World of Balance Tile Graphics
2F4C46-2F6C55 World of Ruin Tile Graphics
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • JCE3000GT (06-27-2013)

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
Thank you for the post! :D

I think I may have bit off more than I can chew for this honestly. I don't do well editing graphics...I have a "ghetto" work around that I had as a Plan B that I might just have to do.

My only hope is to find someone who has experience with editing compressed graphics and can make the few slight changes I need without too much trouble. :)

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]