Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
FFVI: Divergent Paths

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(12-13-2017, 12:02 AM)PowerPanda Wrote: This frees up space in the rom for 23 more NPCs, gives me 23 event bits that I can use to manipulate NPC behavior in other areas of the game, and frees up 1500 bytes of event code, which is a LOT of real estate to work with.

Are you talking about NPC bits or event bits? The characters event bits are multipurpose and if reused could break events elsewhere. If you talk about NPC bits, nevermind this message.
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
There are 26 specific NPC bits used only for that scene. I was able to confirm this because the one character who is assured to not be in your party (Cyan) does not have a bit.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Status
None
Progress has been slow during the holiday season (still working on Cyan's dream), and also as I've been devoting most of my time to prototyping a new board game, but I've made some changes to Kappa.

First, if possible, I am going to hack the "Possess" ability into "Morph", which will allow Kappa to morph an enemy into an item. Second, I've decided to use MMMMMagic to give him a Magic list. I didn't want to do that before since I expected him to have permanent "Imp" status. Then I realized that I could USE the Imp status to give him a paradigm shift between fighter/mage. With the Imp status, his equipment takes effect and he becomes a powerhouse, but he can't use magic. Without the Imp status, his attack and defense are extremely low, but he has a really high magic attack stat. I believe this will provide some interesting gameplay choices for the player, which was needed, since you cannot change Kappa's relics.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
Will Kappa have a visual indication of his paradigm?
Perhaps an alternate palette?
Palettes 1, 5, and 9 seem like the best choices.
I like palette 1 in particular because it's common for turtles to be brown.
  Find

Threads: 22
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Auto-life
Some things I would suggest is to rebalance the spells. There is no reason for Meltdown to cost more than Ultima when it is dual elemental and does less damage (although to be fair, having elemental absorption can result in healing the player). Also, the elemental bias between fire thunder and blizzard should be equal. I would also edit the Lores to make them more useful and the Paladin Shield should have higher defense and magic defense than the tortoise shield. after all, it is the ultimate shield in the game. Crusader needs to be a stronger summon that does not harm the player and Bahamut's spell power should be closer to Alexander's. As for learning spells, give Raiden Thundaga/Ice3 and Ifrit teaches Drain at a higher rate. Leviathan could teach Blizzaga/Ice3. Cyan's Bushido/Swdtech could receive buffs.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to CzarMalboro for this post:
  • Robo Jesus (01-11-2018)

Status
None
I'll definitely be doing some spell rebalancing. Probably not as extensive as my Final Fantasy Tactics: Emergence patch, but some common sense stuff for sure.

Projects:
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • Robo Jesus (01-11-2018)

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Any recent progress? I'm gonna be perfectly honest, I check this site daily JUST for this project now. I haven't been this interested in an FF6 project in a long while. xD

If you ever feel useless, just remember that Umaro has an MP stat.
  Find

Status
None
Thanks for the support. I haven't done any measurable work in the past month. I moonlight as a professional board game designer, and occasionally have to take breaks in order to hit deadlines and milestones. I'm supposed to deliver a finalized prototype by the end of February for a new game, and it's taking priority right now. There's a dev conference in 2 weeks, and I need to have it presentable so I can get feedback from fellow designers.

Projects:
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Debrave
(01-09-2018, 12:36 AM)Scorcher Wrote: Any recent progress? I'm gonna be perfectly honest, I check this site daily JUST for this project now. I haven't been this interested in an FF6 project in a long while. xD

I'm not trying to be mean or backseat mod, but for most projects, you just have to wait until the person or people working on them are able to devote their time. Most of us posters have responsibilities that take higher priority than this, as any sort of modification is a hobby. That is to say nothing about the bad breaks in life some of us face.

It hasn't even been two months since the project was announced. For modifications, especially on an older game such as this, the timeframe is often years. Remember, modders aren't just building from scratch, but reverse-engineering (or at least taking advantage of existing documents) and retrofitting.

I can definitely understand your anticipation, and there's nothing wrong with showing interest. It's just that the reality is that you will be lucky if you get a completed product at all, as this is a labor of love. Pretend it will never come to pass then be pleasantly surprised when it does happen.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
I'd add that he's making progresses with his project at an outstanding speed, compared to the others, so he definitely doesn't need to being asked for progresses(actually no one needs it)

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find