Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
FF6 - Brave New World

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 5
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Another minor update upcoming (hopefully tomorrow):

• Fixed a bug with the overflow protection on the new steal ("treasure hunting") formula

• Tweaked the MP costs of a few underused/overused grey magic spells

• Lowered the random encounter rate at Zozo

• Made some minor dialogue formatting adjustments

• Corrected some errors/typos in the Unlockme.txt file and added a few references/notes I missed before

"You don't have to be a vampire to die like one... b*t*h." -Simon Belmont

Thanks Received: 40
Status
None
Version 1.4.8 is up. Unless an issue crops up in the next few days, this will be the last release for a while.

We do have some things in the works for when I get back from vacation in the middle of April, though.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
i saw my li'l bro play this hack: while WoB is quite challenging, i noticed that WoR isn't challenging so much Hmm my bros was overpower against the most part of the bosses, without grinding at all. for example, about the goddess(isis?)... i think that she was nerfed even compared to the original version Surprised she was without overcast too...

i thought that the difficulty was one of the points of your hack(am i wrong?), in the case my suggestion would be to power up WoR bosses AI.

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
None
It's meant to be more difficult than vanilla, which by all accounts it is, but it's not a difficulty mod. It was designed so casual players and those that have never played FF6 before wouldn't hit impassable roadblocks; players that are intimately familiar with FF6's mechanics (i.e., most hackers) can probably take apart the game with a small amount of effort.

The bit about not having to grind was definitely intended by us, as grinding in RPGs is typically very boring and is usually just a method to artificially lengthen a game. We actively tried to avoid artificial timesinks like that.

Aside from that, it's tricky to take glean any useful criticism out of the "I saw someone play this and this is what I think" type of commentary.

Brave New World
  Find

Status
Atma
Actually i found out later that difficulty wasn't the point of the hack, but since this thread was quite old and no one answered i didn't even correct the post Surprised

PS. What i saw was enough for a local judge about WoR bosses, i won't talk about other WoR bosses, but casual or not the goddess was really weaker than goddess of the original game, overcast + entice was her personal combo that made her different from other battles.
She has a lot of HP compared to the original, but it just lenghten the fight, without justify the reason, quite monotone Sad

Please don't ignore a "i saw from someone playing..." comment just for it's nature, the mine was a sharp analysis of the battle(that wasn't even his main party).

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hi, I'm new here. Just found this mod recently, loving it so far but one change I personally disagree with is the ability to change weapons midbattle. I think it allows for some combat versability and doesn't particularly make the game that much easier.
So my question is, how hard would it be to change that feature back? I don't particularly have any experience with FF6 editors but I'm a fast learner.

Again, thanks for the great work with this mod
  Find

Status
None
There are very few (if any) types of criticism we'll actively ignore. I was just pointing out that some types (notably personal experience) are more useful than others. I didn't intend for that statement to come off as dismissive.

If a player knows what he's doing, he can really trivialize any fight in this hack. That wasn't necessarily a design philosophy, but more a byproduct of just how much people know about the inner workings of FF6. There are ways to minimize how much systemic knowledge of the game can affect difficulty, but those countermeasures will usually work against our intent that casual players be able to get through the game without hours of frustration.

BTB would have more insight on this subject that I would, but from what I've seen, players typically see the goddesses as the most difficult fights in this hack (aside from maybe Atmaweapon), and Isis as one of the harder ones, especially if the RNG is being particularly evil.

Brave New World
  Find

Status
Atma
Seriously? She(Isis) went down just with attacks(not normal attacks) and healings(no particular strategies)... My disappoint was for Isis, anyway.

I may be agree for nominate Atma weapon(WoB) as the best/hardest battle, anyway Wink

Find

Thanks Received: 5
Status
None
(06-12-2014, 12:37 PM)Synchysi Wrote: BTB would have more insight on this subject that I would, but from what I've seen, players typically see the goddesses as the most difficult fights in this hack (aside from maybe Atmaweapon), and Isis as one of the harder ones, especially if the RNG is being particularly evil.

Isis can either be a real [sexist comment] or fairly easy depending on the party. She's particularly hard on physical attackers due to her gimmick attacks, so parties that don't rely on them will have a much easier time.

I've also made a few slight tweaks over time that have made her more tolerable than she once was, namely allowing stamina to defend against her special attacks and switching her inherent statuses with Asura so that she can be slowed down. That she's the goddess with both inherent safe *and* shell likely lends to the overall length of the fight, as well.

(06-12-2014, 07:30 AM)iku Wrote: Hi, I'm new here. Just found this mod recently, loving it so far but one change I personally disagree with is the ability to change weapons midbattle. I think it allows for some combat versability and doesn't particularly make the game that much easier.

So my question is, how hard would it be to change that feature back? I don't particularly have any experience with FF6 editors but I'm a fast learner.

As I mention in the Readme, the big reason we disabled that is because the game doesn't really understand how to handle the Genji Glove property when it's attached to weapons, and thus allowing players to switch weapons in battle would allow them to bypass that restriction and equip two swords.

"You don't have to be a vampire to die like one... b*t*h." -Simon Belmont

Status
None
(06-13-2014, 04:12 AM)BTB Wrote:
(06-12-2014, 07:30 AM)iku Wrote: Hi, I'm new here. Just found this mod recently, loving it so far but one change I personally disagree with is the ability to change weapons midbattle. I think it allows for some combat versability and doesn't particularly make the game that much easier.

As I mention in the Readme, the big reason we disabled that is because the game doesn't really understand how to handle the Genji Glove property when it's attached to weapons, and thus allowing players to switch weapons in battle would allow them to bypass that restriction and equip two swords.

This is something I intend to revisit at some point and try to re-implement. It wasn't something we disabled by intent, but rather out of necessity.

Brave New World
  Find