Users browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)
FF6 - Brave New World

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Whoa. Kefka stabbed Sabin in the Doma camp on the second "do I look like a waiter?" fight and it healed him. No one elemental resists/absorbances on Sabin. Does Kefka have a paintbrushy weapon?
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 5
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Yeah, that one's been reported and will be fixed in the next update.

It's a result of me undoing a few unnecessary item moves in the database thanks to us finally revisiting the treasure chest edits, but then like an idiot I forgot to undo a few changed references.

"You don't have to be a vampire to die like one... b*t*h." -Simon Belmont

Status
None
Since this thread's been so quiet, I figure I'll go ahead and share what's on the table for the next update.

• Fixed the bugs with Kefka having a Healing Shiv equipped and a certain late-game enemy group having the wrong common steal

• Lowered the power of the Healing Shiv to 125 and applied the back-row penalty to it

• Raised the damage modifier on the Stray Cat rage from 2x to 3x

• Celes now learns Cure 2 at level 18 instead of Ice 2, which gives her a reason to equip Shiva and Cure 2 for players derpy enough to miss Seraph

• Tweak the power/properties of the endgame swords, including a new hack to the Zantetsuken that will turn its random cleave proc into a 1/4 random critical hit on bosses

• The Royal Jacket now offers the correct prize at the Colosseum

• The Autocrossbow will now be more powerful later in the game

Status
None
I kinda liked Kefka stabbing me for healing; was a nice buffer for what's meant to be a joke of a fight anyway, coming right after a somewhat arduous stretch of random encounters with no healing outside dried meat. Especially since you have that chest fight soon after, and then the fights with Cyan (with enemies that can counter-attack no less), the heals from Kefka were a nice breather in a tough part of the session.

Isn't Stray Cat now going to become a good "default" rage for Gau to use, with the buff? Albatross is/was effectively the same thing but with the seizure-inducing skill being the more likely of the two, but now with Stray Cat I can effectively use Gau as a bruiser in boss fights that even sets Seizure on occasion (Assuming seizure is set even if the enemy is immune to fractional damage, otherwise this whole point is moot). 3x Bone Clubs are nothing to scoff at, especially since Gau can get pretty tanky with stuff like Snow Muffler/Ribbon/LifeBell to tank most counter-attacks.

What was the intended power increase for the Autocrossbow? Glanced through the GF thread and nothing concrete was really mentioned, but an idea had come to me; what if you gave it a damage formula similar to GP Toss, where it does damage based on the number of enemies it hits? Would make it a strong holdover until you get Drill while not letting Bio Blaster blow it away entirely early game (I didn't even bother buying it this last run, had enough for Bio Blaster but not enough for both and there's a lot more weaknesses to poison than there are resistances), and assuming it's tweaked right it would allow Vigor Edgar to outdamage Flash on groups of 2-3 enemies, possibly even 4+ groups if you also buff the damage.
  Find

Status
None
Oh, yesterday I realized that Stray Cat is ridiculous against things that are weak to ice. One shot kills. That's probably true about elemental attacks that do fractional damage in general, it just never occurred to me until this.

So many dead intangirs....

Edit: Also I was just re-reading the first page of this thread and wanted to say again: Congratulations on a great finished mod. I know you're still changing things and making it better all the time, but just the fact that you guys got it finished and out in a state that vastly improves the base game is amazing.
  Find

Status
None
You'll notice snowball is a unique attack in that it is the *only* fractional damage attack that does elemental damage other than earth or wind (which no enemies are weak against). That's kind of snowball's gimmick.

The problem is that Snowball is too powerful to be the *common* attack on the Stray Cat rage, and so I made it the uncommon one. That, unfortunately, rendered it a bit underpowered unless the primary attack was also made stronger.

Status
None
Ok, here's what should be the final list of changes for the next update:

• Added a hack to change the Odin summon and the Zantetsuken's random cleave proc to deal damage or a critical hit, respectively, against bosses

• Modified the Atma/Omega Weapon damage formula to add four times the wilder's stamina to the final damage total as was done in previous versions of the hack, but was removed when we changed up the formula in version 1.4.0

• Added a vigor boost (+7) to the Apocyllumina

• Added a hack that will allow one of Edgar's tools to be more useful in the late game

• Removed the "ignores row" property from a certain hidden weapon and lowered its battle power

• Renamed Shadow's final two weapons to better fit the theme/sound less stupid

• Raised the power of the special attack on the Stray Cat rage

• Celes now learns Cure 2 at level 18 instead of Ice 2

• Fixed an error where Kefka's attacks during the Imperial Camp sequence were healing you

• Fixed an error where the Succubus/Lilith enemy set had the incorrect common steal

• Fixed an error where the Royal Jacket had an incorrect prize when bet at the Colosseum

Status
None
Grar... this Mystery Egg. I even cheated and found, downloaded and played around with FF3usME to try and figure out what it does and it didn't help. It told me a couple things, but even on there one of the things it does is just "?".

Now I feel like I went behind mom and dad's back and found all of my Christmas presents, only to be told later that, "what you did was wrong and ruined the surprise, but you didn't even find everything."

Edit: OH. Comparing to other things reveals the last secret. Now I feel even worse, but at least I get to use this (actually really pretty great) item, now that I know what it does.
  Find

Status
None
'eh, I was expecting some players to break down and do that.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I would have done the same eventually had BTB not told me what it did (though likely after I actually played through an entire version where it existed, so I'd only look it up after a playthrough). Unless I succeeded at guessing its properties (and three of its effects crossed my mind while brainstorming), but I couldn't have proven any of its effects, so I doubt I would have trusted my guess in case the item really did nothing.

On a side note, I sometimes look up HP values for bosses because I hate not knowing how much damage I need to take out. I don't really consider that cheating either, it's just satisfying my peace of mind more than anything. I didn't do this much for BNW, though, as I didn't really need to, and on my LLG I already had some ideas of boss HP going in.

Confused Moogles FTW