Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy: Project Beta

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
[/begin transmission]

So now that I'm back and my sanity has come back to me after a long vacation...yep! That means it's time for the new hack! I expect this to be a very long project that will consist of two chapters, the Past and the Present.

Codenamed "Project Beta," this new Final Fantasy hack will blow you all away...or at least impress you. I dunno. So I've been playing Assassin's Creed a lot lately...and I started thinking...about the Animus.

For those of you who don't know what an "Animus" is, it is a fictional machine that lets you relive your ancestors memories by decrypting your genetic DNA that is passed on throughout generations. And so I thought once more....what if that idea could be brought into FFVI? Reliving the past to save the future? Well here's the scoop...

Project Beta

[Tales of the Past]
A great many eons ago, the world of Gaia was created. This world was full of lush green forests, crystal clear lakes and rivers, and gargantuan rocky mountains. The ape-like creatures called Humans that were birthed with Gaia were a calm and peaceful folk, helping one another create cities and raise families together, with no warring or hostility of any kind...that was, until they discovered magic. Magic changed everything. With magic, they could dominate over animals and even other humans, and soon Man became greedy and corrupt. And soon the day came that the most vile and corrupt mages of all, called Necromancers, started opening rifts to other dimensions, and with that brought the daemons. These evil daemons were far more powerful than any man could ever be, and soon began to slaughter the humans mercilessly, and no one could stop them. It seemed as though it was the end of mankind, until a man known as the "Warrior of Light" came forth and combined his strength with magic to fight the daemons and save mankind. His followers, the Mage Knights, followed him to the ends of the earth and fought for many days and nights alongside their master, and in the end, the strength of man prevailed and the humans could finally live in peace. And from that day, the Warrior of Light decreed that magic was forbidden for any use at all, so that the world would never again see such a travesty.

[Tales of the Present]
The year is 2012, and the world is caught in tranquil state that hasn't been seen since the world was first birthed. Technology is at it's finest, enemy countries are finally at peace, and the demons of the past vanquished and magic long forgotten. Mankind is finally calm and compassionate as when magic had been nothing more than a simple word.

And you are Taylor Graves, a 21 year old cashier with nowhere to go.

You're not exactly bad looking, but you're not exactly a ladies man either. You're not extremely smart, or strong, or fast, or special in any way. You live in an average house, in an average city, with an average-paying job, and an average group of friends. Your life hasn't been exciting in any way...until you are suddenly attacked and knocked out on your way to work. When you finally awake, you find yourself in a very large and strange factory with a group of quite strange people saying some very strange things. When you sober up and decide to question them, they explain that they are "Mage Knights" and that you are the last known descendant of some "Warrior of Light." In short, you're a little confused about all this. They say that "Daemons have returned by the work of the Necromancers and it's up to you to stop them or the world as we know in will cease to exist," as they put it. As confused as you are, you've never felt special in any way, aside from the fact you've pretty much been the most unimportant being in all Gaia. But being kidnapped and told that the fate of the world is up to you makes you feel pretty important, and so you agree to help in any way you can.

A Mage Knight by the name of Allison Berry shows you to a machine full of fancy buttons and knobs and a very snug-looking chair. She explains that since you're so unremarkable and time is running out that they can't afford to teach you any kind of swordplay or magic. Instead, she tells you that you will have to learn your skills from your own ancestor by reliving his own memories. She says that a small fraction of an aura that resides within every living being is passed down through generations, that through a combination of science and magic that by reliving your ancestor's past, you could gain his skills to use in the present. So once more, you agree to help save the world and train to be the next Warrior of Light...

And so the story begins...more to come soon.

[/end transmission]

"Everything is true, nothing is permitted."
-Assassin's Creed
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
it doesnt seem like a bad idea, I like the concept but its kinda too much like assassin's creed (not that thats a bad thing mind u)

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
Well that's pretty much the point behind it all ^_^

-Assassin's Creed
  Find

Status
None
[May 24, 2011]
-It's come to my attention I have neglected to mention that this entire hack will be thanks to all of you, and as such I welcome you all to give your input on this hack, give your ideas and suggestions, and I'll accept everything from story ideas to game play features, and maybe some suggestions may even make it in! But now it's time for a minor update.

[/story transmission begin]

-LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS
So the Warrior of Light's name now is currently Light. The origin of his name is part of the plot, and also ties in with his title, and if you're wondering, yes, he is very similar to Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII and Cloud from Final Fantasy VII in many ways, at least personality wise, (tough, reserved, distant, troubled past, the works...) but however there will be no more discussion over any more of the plot as of late. So yeah...Light....yeah...

[/story transmission end]

-Assassin's Creed
  Find