Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sound edit

Status
None
Hello, this time I want to remove the winter LOUD sound of the game, or low the frecuency, is there any sound editor so I can do it, if not, how can I edit it with hex?
The winter sound is the one that appear in the beggining of the game and the one that appear in the WoR music. Hope can help me.

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
It may be possible to do so, but you may want to take a look at the event dump. I kind of remember the code to stop playing one song and to transition to another one, but it didn't occur to me to lower the volume of a specific song.

I know this is possible because this happens around the opera house (the music is lowered when Locke goes to meet Celes for the act). So you might want to take a look at the event dump to look for the event with locke and the impressario in the opera house.

You may also want to take a look at JCS's event editing tutorial, it's an excellent tutorial to get you started with events.
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...nt+editing

Link to event dump: http://www.angelfire.com/al2/imzogelmo/patches.html

Hope this helps :p

Status
None
Yeah thanks it help, but I prefer to remove the winter sound of the game, like in the gba version, is just that the sound makes me "berserk" hehehe. If you can, could you tell what code is for that sound and I will search for it and delete it, please.

Status
None
(04-10-2011, 12:56 AM)daldec Wrote: If you can, could you tell what code is for that sound and I will search for it and delete it, please.

The one below is for the song just at the start of the game, where biggs, wedge and terra have their talk where the tritoch should be later on.

Code:
CC/9909: F1    Fade in song 57 (Wind) (high bit clear) with transition time 160

And the one below is the code for the music just when you arrive to narshe on the Magitek Armors.

Code:
CC/9A56: F1    Fade in song 57 (Wind) (high bit clear) with transition time 160

the song commands are two bytes long, so if you want to have no song playing on the background, you replace the two bytes by FD FD, which means "skip this code", the FD command is valid only for events.

Status
None
Thanks for the info but (sorry) the code is CC/9909: F1... I open windhex, then open the rom final fantasy III, then I set it to hi-rom and in goto to offset I put the code C9B09 because you told me that I need to plus 200 at the code, then it send me to F1, all is ok, but when I change F1 to FD and save the rom, I begin the game but when the wind song is begining it skips me to a change name window infinite times (I put a name clic start and then the window shows again), what I'm doing wrong, please help.

Status
None
You're learning quite fast :p

In order to play a song during the events, you need two bytes: F1 1B... 27 in hexadecimal is 1B

you need to replace both bytes (F1 1B) by FD FD or else crazy things will happen during the game's events.

Status
None
I don't think so, hehe, for this noob question i'm going to ask xD:
Ok in steps: I open windhex, the rom, put in hi-rom, put goto offset C9B09 and this put me in F1... but Where is the 1B byte for that event? in the line CC9B00 where C9B09: F1 is there is no 1B byte S: Sorry if I'm causing you much trouble.

Status
None
My bad, I thought it said 27...

The windy song in narshe is song 57, and if you change this into hex, it should be 39

So what you see after the F1 byte should be 39, right??

You've got to replace F1 and whatever is to the right of it (I'm assuming it's 39) with FD FD

and no, you're not causing any trouble at all Tongue.

Status
None
Pffff, the same, I remember yesterday I did it, go to C9B09 and change F1 to FD and then the right one (39) to FD too and there is the infinite change name window, am I doing something wrong? Or I need to change all the wind song codes? If you don't know its ok and thanks for the info xD

Another question Angelo... the wind sound is part of the music? Or I can delete it without remove the music.

Status
None
Ok it was MY mistake again, it looks like I forgot a byte.

At C9B09 you should see THREE bytes: F1 39 A0 and you need to replace ALL of them by FD FD FD. I ASSURE you it will work now, I tested it myself :p

The same goes for C9B56, replace F1 39 A0 by FD FD FD.