Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
repeat text

Threads: 14
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Well Google Images is a good place but I find alot of sprites just by googling something like "Final Fantasy VIII portraits, or Final Fantasy V Portraits..etc.
If you can find one, then just do the above steps to make them 40x40 and 16 colors..
And yes, there's always the option to make your very own portraits.
FF3SE is one of the options you have, but with portraits, it's a little more flexible - you can use programs like MS Paint and Irfan View to make your portraits. It's actually recommended. Wink
But good luck with it all man :p

[Image: funnysiga.jpg]

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
http://www.youtube.com/user/xJCSx1
  Find

Status
None
Is there any way to take out the name change screen I am using the default character names and dont want the "Name Change" screen to come up.

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
It would be easier to leave it how it is and just accept the default name you want to give it through FF3usME than to dig around in the assembly and recode the hell out of the game.

When I say easier, I mean the difference between hard coding and leaving it alone because it works.
  Find

Status
None
Ah I see, this will be fairly simple. Smile
Find the sequence of the game where it invokes the name change screen for a character in the event script, open up a hex editor and fill the spot with FD.
Here, tell me what character's name you don't want to have an "invoke change name screen" for and I'll give you step-by-step instructions on how to skip that one sequence to make the game continue normally. Wink

But here's a link to the event dump, it's VERY useful for event hacking, which is what this is:
http://www.angelfire.com/al2/imzogelmo/s...Disasm.zip

If it was Terra's name you didn't want the game to make an invoke change name screen for, then in the event dump do a CTRL + F for 'My name is'
and that will be close enough to that area. Then just scan for a command saying "Invoke Change Name Screen for character ?"
But be warned, because you haven't changed there name to a corresponding A? value stored in the assembly of the ROM, every area of the game where "Terra's" (example name) is used will be saying <A0> in FF3usME. You'll have to spell out Terra to replace that.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
  Find

Status
None
I just decided to make the names start with a cap and be lower case. If someone wants to change the name they can. Thats one of the best things about an RPG anyway. Smile

Status
None
I was using Irfan to edit a pic of squall for my game and when it was done it was very grainy and white background with some blue shading on the hair any ideas on how I can fix this?
just a little update to my previous post every pic i use has blue in it for some unknown reason...

Status
None
Hmm there's a few things that could be causing this, the main one being an image with a lot of colors.
If an image has, say, 256 colors and you convert it down to 16, it's extremely common to see weird colors turn up.
As for the white background, the only format that typically does this is .GIF. Converting it to PNG won't change it of course, so what that boils down to is just a bad image. Trust me, I've been here with importing sprites, it can be a pain.
The blue you mentioned - that's more of a saturated color, strange that Irfran View would make that; and Squall's nowhere near the green, yellow, and blue family. I might need to see a pic of the original sprite and the converted one.
I'll also look around for a portrait for you. If I find one, I'll update this post - I wish there was a notifier on the site for an updated post :p

EDIT:
OK the best portrait I found for Sqaull was this. I patched him for FF6 but I still don't like it. There's alot of distortion. Thankfully there's some options for the conversion in Irfan View to keep a sharper pic. I'll keep looking into it big time. Ignore the Bartz - Lenna is the Sqaull. I used my old FF6 CR save state and just made a back up. Anyways here's a screenshot:

[Image: imgshk.png]

However, if you do want this pic, just tell me and I'll email it to you Wink But again, I think I'll get a better one soon. Gotta hurry though, b/c tomorrow my school process starts all over and I probably won't be on the site for awhile Sad

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
  Find

Status
None
Yeah go ahead and email it to me I can mos def use it. And thanks for the help man.
one more thing what do you guys use to record your games? I see snes9x has a recoder in it but the sound when I play is very staticy. Any ideas?

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
Bartz portrait is epic win. Great job! ^_^
  Find

Status
None
Heh well um thanks but it's not my work at all. Lol FEOK found it from Dragoon Fantasy and posted the images perfectly ready for FF6. Agh I can't find the link to those posts but the portraits are definitely all epic wins Laugh

EDIT:

@SuperChrono: What I recommend for your choice of emulator is zsnes if you can run it. There's not too much of a difference, save for snes9x does have a better sound card, but the main issue with snes9x is certain assembly code doesn't execute properly as compared to zsnes.
It's very minor from the forums I've read, but it's always best to be sure.
Zsnes can be found pretty much anywhere online Wink

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
  Find