Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
repeat text

Status
None
I am currently having a problem with text repeating itself in my game. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
I'm assuming this is a hacked game? Who's or what text is repeating, charactor, NPC or what? Give me just an example. XD What program did you use to edit the text? Do you happen to know which lines of dialog are doing it? Is it back to back textbox's? I need a little more info before I can diagnose the exact problem.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
I used Winhex and it is the Dialog that Biggs and Wegde say at the very start of the game.I changed their dialog and now it repeats a couple times. Yes its back to back boxes and then some boxes are just blank and sometimes they have text.

Threads: 14
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Sounds like it's missing some opcodes and the such. A blank text box uses the <EOP> notation. I mean I could give you a list of all the opcodes but honestly, your doing all this the hard way.
I like the dedication, though. Not to many people would consider editing the main dialogue via a hex editor.
But you should get FF3usME. The latest version is the Beta 6.7.0. It includes a full dialog editor, and the ability to enter in various opcodes while still being all formatted to not corrupt your game. Here's a
link to get it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?v4t2nzzdden

Once opened, make sure your ROM is expanded and if not, then expand it. Go to "Manage Expanded ROM" and apply all the patches. Not 100 % necessary but it's better safe than sorry.
Now click the button to the far right saying "Dlg" and then click "Optimize All" in the new window.
Save once. Exit out and reopen it.
Now you can freely edit the text with no hassle.
HOWEVER, this is probably going to happen.
Seeing as you edited the text in a hex editor, it probably will say "Error: Hand Hex Edited Pointers, FF3usME cannot work with the reformatted data.
If that's the case, then you have 2 options.
If text is a necessity for your game, then start over. If the things you've already put into the game is something you don't wanna start over, then don't put text.
Honestly, I don't how else to say it - more than likely you'll have to restart.
MAYBE you could go in the hex editor and open 2 instances of it. Then go to that sequence and perhaps copy EVERYTHING that was originally there, definitely including the String. If that doesn't work...man I'm sorry. I know the pain in restarting.
But let me know if this helps Wink
xJCSx

[Image: funnysiga.jpg]

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
http://www.youtube.com/user/xJCSx1
  Find

Status
None
Thanks I dled the new FF3USME I had ver. 6.2 I think. I havent done much editing so starting over would be easy I will let you know if this helped but thanks for the help you have given me so far! Smile

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
Welcome to the site. Smile
  Find

Status
None
Cool sounds great, man. It's a really good program, definitely worth a restart.
Ha and welcome to the site, too. Laugh

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
  Find

Status
None
Thank you for the warm welcome its nice to talk to other FF fans not too many where I am at Sad. I have another question though. I am going to make a boss and was wondering how to find the code that made Final Kefka pixelate out (i guess) after you beat him. I think that would look cool when the team beats this boss.

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
Final Kefka is at: 298 in the monster database.
Look at his script, I believe this is what you want:
FC 12 00 00 - If following monster is/are dead:
FA 0D 01 00 - Background gets darker, sounds like boss dying
F5 11 01 FF - Monsters #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6 are killed, disintegrates, background may corrupt,......
FE - End if and reset targeting.
  Find

Status
None
Here's the one I found...not sure if this one's inferior to Zeemis's or not. Lol
Whenever you get done writing your scripts for the boss, put this:
F5 0B 01 FF.
To do that, just click "Hex Insert" and type that. Wink

Zeemis's sounds more stable and cooler. Ha I'm still new to boss scripting :p

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
  Find