Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
repeat text

Status
None
Thanks for all the help. Thanks Zeemis for the script for Final Kefka descent, that will be awesome! Thanks xJCSx for your code and the info and I do know how hard it is to look thru the monster database monster by monster.... and I am gonna mess around with the Seigfried stuff I am prolly gonna make him Gilgamesh, as I heard rumors that he was and the Woosley translation changed his name, but anyway I just like Gilgamesh! One last thing does anyone know how to put music in a rom I have Famitracker but it seems complicated....
RE: repeat text

Thanks for all the help. Thanks Zeemis for the script for Final Kefka descent, that will be awesome! Thanks xJCSx for your code and the info and I do know how hard it is to look thru the monster database monster by monster.... and I am gonna mess around with the Seigfried stuff I am prolly gonna make him Gilgamesh, as I heard rumors that he was and the Woosley translation changed his name, but anyway I just like Gilgamesh! One last thing does anyone know how to put music in a rom I have Famitracker but it seems complicated....

Threads: 14
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Lol might've duplicated that but np haha.
(Ha that's Repeat Text for ya XD...man I fail with the jokes :p)
But your welcome man Wink I learned from the Nattak XD
Anyways, concerning the music - what that delves into at its core is SPC hacking.
SPC is the music format used by the SNES games. Kinda like there's music in formats such as MP3, M4V, etc.. this one's SPC.
You can't really "Import" music via a GUI based program as of now, but that doesn't mean you can't do it all, of course.
To do music hacking, you'll be in a hex editor 90 % of the time. The other 10 % will probably be allocated by looking through a MIDI sequencer to get the right notes and assembly for your piece.
From what I've heard, it's the hardest thing to do in FF6 Hacking.
Things have to play out right - loops, breaks, rests, octaves, a bunch of stuff! It's sophisticated, and not trying to classify you at all but if you have good skill in a hex editor and are a somewhat fast learner here's some links to get started Smile
Oh and another thing - more than likely that game called Famitracker has different instruments than FF6's. In the new verison of FF3usME, you CAN actually scan ANY ROM for it's very own instruments and import it to your FF6 game. After that, it's all about the hex editor.
LINKS:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...hp?tid=493
Good luck man, I have faith in you lolz Wink

[Image: funnysiga.jpg]

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
http://www.youtube.com/user/xJCSx1
  Find

Status
None
Well I guess I wont try that right now but I am going to get started on my ROM today. Also how do I change the title screen I got a pic that kind of looks like the Jp box art and I think it would look cool as my logo and how do you port sprites from one game to another? I might try that somtime as well.
Sorry almost forgot when I open the new FF3USME it says expand rom but to which one there are 28 and 32 mbit, unsure of which one.

Status
None
Well if you mean the title screen that says Final Fantasy III, unfortunately that one can't be edited - it's compressed Sad
BUT you can make an awesome title screen picture before that sequence..Here's a really awesome video to help you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29q6SY9XAyU
Do everything Zeemis says and it'll work.
Be sure your ROM is named Tests.smc whenever you get to that one step. But a good precaution is to just go ahead and name it that. After you get done with the entire tutorial, you can go ahead an name it whatever :p
Hope it helps! Laugh
Oh and seeing as your starting today, be sure to make lots of backups! Wink
EDIT:
Be sure to download all the files in his description, too.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
  Find

Status
None
I got like 3 Backups already but Ill need alot Im sure.

Status
None
Ha yea definitely.
What I do is make a folder called Backups and then make like 7 folders like this:
B4Text
B4Sprites
B4Level
B4Hex
B4MDE
B4USME
Good Backs
Clean
Dumps
Lol it's long and takes up a good bit of space, but hey it's organized. What I do is save my game into the corresponding folder before I do said changes above.
And once I get done with a sequence in the game, I send every file to a Flash Drive and have a clean slate of memory Laugh
Anyways what kind of ROM hack is your game? A full-fledged one, simple text and graphic hack, or improvement? Jw man Wink

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
(12-20-2010, 02:50 PM)superchrono Wrote: Thank you for the warm welcome its nice to talk to other FF fans not too many where I am at Sad. I have another question though. I am going to make a boss and was wondering how to find the code that made Final Kefka pixelate out (i guess) after you beat him. I think that would look cool when the team beats this boss.

This usually results in a semi-glitchy backround when used with any boss besides Final Kefka. It's not super bad glitchy though, but it's different Wink.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
Simple text and improvement. I am going to try graphics when I complete this one and know I can do it Smile. I am doin the basics like Atma-Ultima. Vicks-Biggs and stuff like that, but I am changing the dialog completely to make it a new story altogether. I hope peopel enjoy it when I get done.

Status
None
Cool man! Just something I want to point out, though.
If you're changing the story, you'll probably need to change the events in the game.
The entire game runs on events and it's really good stuff to get in to.
I made some video tutorials on it but basically if you learn it, you can do pretty much anything with the game - make different maps load, create characters on a map and make them do stuff, animate characters, pan the camera wherever you want - really anything! It's awesome stuff..
Here's a link to my vid tutorial..

https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...802&page=1

The only reason I mentioned it was when I saw you say a new storyline. ALOT of people think they can just write a new storyline and it be good. To really make a story...you need to create cutscenes and stuff that "makes" the story come alive.
Not trying to discourage at all man Wink This sounds great! If you need help on event editing at all, just ask me.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
  Find

Status
None
Np I figured I would have to get into events at least for boss battles but I would love to change the whole games events I will mos def watch the video on it so I can do that.