Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Item Auto Status, & etc

Threads: 47
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Having Auto-Stop on an item is not a helpful status at all. Is there a way to change the stop status to Life 3, or just include a Life 3 among the 8 available status if possible? If can, then can I changed the name "Stop" to "Life 3" so that it show up properly when using F3usME, or FF6 Tools?

How come F3usME does not allow menu description to be edit, but the online FF6 Tools allow it?
  Find

Status
None
Is there a better items arrangement patch? I have no idea how the game arrange button work on my inventory. Its not alphabetical, or based on supplies quantity.

Also, I want to change some item into relics, consumable, & etc. Especially the consumable, as there are unused status I can give. I was using FF3usME & I can change a lots. However the item & weapon animation won't allow me to see the one I changed. They are fixed to the original items. Anyway to work around this?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(04-11-2022, 10:58 AM)doofenH Wrote: Is there a better items arrangement patch? I have no idea how the game arrange button work on my inventory. Its not alphabetical, or based on supplies quantity.

It sort first by item icon:

Code:
Ordered list of item icons for Arrange command
C3/26F5:    FF          ; No icon
C3/26F6:    D8          ; Dirk
C3/26F7:    D9          ; Sword
C3/26F8:    DA          ; Lance
C3/26F9:    DB          ; Knife
C3/26FA:    DC          ; Rod
C3/26FB:    DD          ; Brush
C3/26FC:    DE          ; Stars
C3/26FD:    DF          ; Special
C3/26FE:    E0          ; Gambler
C3/26FF:    E1          ; Claw
C3/2700:    E2          ; Shield
C3/2701:    E3          ; Helmet
C3/2702:    E4          ; Armor
C3/2703:    E5          ; Tool
C3/2704:    E6          ; Skean
C3/2705:    E7          ; Relic

Then it sort by item ID withing each category, you can check the sorting routine at $C326E0. Consumables come first because they have no icon.
  Find

Status
None
(04-11-2022, 12:20 PM)madsiur Wrote: Then it sort by item ID withing each category, you can check the sorting routine at $C326E0. Consumables come first because they have no icon.

I'm a bit embarrassed but this is the right one? I know the item ID hex, but I can't seem to find consumables potion, sleeping bag, & etc. 

Another thing I check is the "ff6_bank_c3j", but I'm not sure what to edit. 

Was I suppose to change rearrange the item ID orders similar to the Alphabetical Rage table?
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
It depends how you want them sorted, I don't know offhand how to sort them alphabetically but a table similar to the monster name could work maybe.

I use this doc for menu code:

https://www.romhacking.net/documents/736/
  Find

Status
None
I had change some relics & weapon into item. It works but they have no animation. And I'm sure if I change some relics & Item into weapon, they will not be show up in the "wpn animation" to be edit.  

Can I go into the code and allow the new items to show up in the "items animation" & "wpn animation"?
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(04-11-2022, 09:10 PM)doofenH Wrote: Can I go into the code and allow the new items to show up in the "items animation" & "wpn animation"?

If changing the item icon to a weapon one does not solve this issue, I would say the list is hardcoded in the editor and it's not possible to add them without modifying the source code.
  Find

Status
None
I just discovered that by giving weapons special properties (cmd: Jump, X-Magic. Other properties like MP to 1, Vigor 50%, HP+25%, & etc too), and then during the battle, we go to the item cmd & change the wpn to something else, the cmd (& maybe other special properties) that was given by the previous wpn still remain throughout the battle. Is there a patch that fix this?

[The Vigor+50% seem to work properly though, as removing it during battle does lower my physical dmg.]
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to doofenH for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (04-23-2022)

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Ah I see what you mean. Yeah this would definitely be an issue if a weapon was given any of those special properties, which in vanilla of course they do not.
Unfortunately no, there is not a patch-fix for this as far as I know, but I'd be interested in one also - I have a weapon that uses the 4x attack special property... though I may remove that property from it now that I know about this issue lol, if no fix can be made.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
Is there a patch that give either or both Boomerangs & Maces their own icons, instead of the "Special" icon.
  Find