Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Advance Sprite Palettes

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
XD I THOUGHT it was. I don't see where it would have gotten edited unless I did something stupid to it and somehow don't remember at all. Let me see if I can find a backup. I backup crap constantly.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
OK, yeah something may have gone awry there lol.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
(02-24-2022, 03:48 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: OK, yeah something may have gone awry there lol.

Uh.... dude... I think I may have figured out the problem. In accordance with the thread title, im using the GBA rom.
I found your string of code. In the SNES rom. Evil laugh
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
I also just realized by glancing at the title of the thread again that we are talking about FF6 Advance... lol!
Huh, well I have no experience with FF6A really, but it seems the vanilla event code is the same just relocated elsewhere. For instance the 43 04 00 we were looking for at CA66BC appears to be at 7A66B2.
Looks like FF6A event code is from 7A0000-7E8B97 compared to SNES CA0000-CCE5EE.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • LM008 (02-24-2022)

Status
None
LOL
Hey, no worries man. As far as I'm concerned, if we can't have fun while doing this shit theres no reason to do it.

Good news everyone!
I found the "43 04 00" in the place you said. And changing that 00 seems to have no effect on Edgar's color palette. XD

Okay, so on a lark, I searched for every instance of "43 04 00" in the rom and replaced it with "43 04 01" to see whether somebody's palette would change, or my ROM would explode. Neither happened. I wonder what I changed? Evil laugh
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
(02-24-2022, 04:56 PM)LM008 Wrote: LOL
Hey, no worries man. As far as I'm concerned, if we can't have fun while doing this shit theres no reason to do it.

Good news everyone!
I found the "43 04 00" in the place you said. And changing that 00 seems to have no effect on Edgar's color palette. XD

Okay, so on a lark, I searched for every instance of "43 04 00" in the rom and replaced it with "43 04 01" to see whether somebody's palette would change, or my ROM would explode. Neither happened. I wonder what I changed? Evil laugh

Hmm. Did you make sure to test from before Edgar was already recruited? If he's already recruited, the palette change won't show as working because it's already been set in the sram.

Status
None
GODAMMIT
I'm using a save file from the end of the game with everybody recruited and on the airship already. No way to check if this works unless I make a save before meeting Edgar?
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
That is correct. These 'overworld' palettes once they are set in-game will not visually update from changing the code, will need to have them be recruited for the first time so that the assign palette command is given in order to see the change in all its glory.

Status
None
Blek. I will have to figure out a way to test this. Unless somebody else figures out some other way of changing the palette. Hopefully it'll be possible with FF6Tools at some point.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Well to test it for Edgar here at least, after making the palette change and saving, you'd just need to start a new game and get up to the point where he joins the party. There's not going to be any other way to change a character's overworld palette in order to see it happen in-game without this being read in the event code, which happens when you recruit the characters. Are there FF6A save states online perhaps? That could help speed things along, or else the other option could be to just play the game again lol.