Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF4 hacking

Threads: 15
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 10
Status
None
I recently picked up an FFIV hack that I had well underway in 2016-2017, only to find that the amazing information resource Slick Productions has vanished from the internet. And, despite searching, I haven't found any other forums or sites focused on FFIV hacking.

Does anybody know of a place where FFIV hacking is actively discussed? What happened to the folks from Slick Productions? Are they still around? Is all of that amazing technical data on the game still out there somewhere? Or is it all just gone?
Cover Shrug

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Everything on Slick is gone from what I've heard, save using the Wayback Machine to check old threads which can be a bit hit or miss. Lenophis runs a Slick Productions server on Discord where some of Slick's FFIV populous show up every once in a while, but it's pretty bleak. I'd recommend maybe going to Romhacking.net where Pinkpuff, Chillyfeeze and Vivify can be found frequently, as they are the most learned in FFIV hacking around. They are also on Slick's Discord server, but are not at all as active on there. They might have a bunch of documents and can discuss and help with FFIV hacking related questions & info I'd bet.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Quote:Everything on Slick is gone from what I've heard, save using the Wayback Machine to check old threads which can be a bit hit or miss.

Surprised  Sad Angry

surely, there's got to be backups (e.g. of forum data) somewhere, though?  unless Disch's computer (or whoever was hosting it when it disappeared) suddenly caught fire?

i've got a backup of the *Mnrogar's* forum data (which they had to make for me, as despite being an "Admin" there, i couldn't do any USEFUL maintenance tasks like database dumps or software upgrades) from late 2014, but there were a number of posts since (mostly mine, admittedly, but i didn't think to save them locally) that i'd like to have as well.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
There's some info here: http://rb.thundaga.com/

I also have other documents from Slick Productions on my PC, send me a pm if you want them. I think there was a server crash, Lenophis did not made it clear if the forum database was salvageable or not.
  Find

Threads: 15
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 10
Status
None
Thanks for the replies, folks. Sadly, I seem to have reached a dead end. I'm on romhacking.net and already contacted Vivify and others. Vivify wanted to be helpful but didn't really have any of the info I'm looking for. And I never heard from anybody else. It's been about a month so at this point I don't hold out a lot of hope. What an absolute shame. Seriously, I'm so mad at whatever or whoever caused this situation!

I'm not on Discord so I guess I'll give that a whirl. Thanks for the heads-up, I had no idea it existed.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Here's an invite for Slick Discord server: https://discord.gg/BTmE4Z
  Find

Status
None