Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Characters appearing on top of text boxes?

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Confuse
Does anyone know the issue here? I'll let the pictures speak for themselves, I can't act like I know whats going on. 
For the record my rom is 1.0, and it is headered.
[/url][url=//imgur.com/a/1VCUuku]In front of the text box? ">
Quote:In front of the text box? 

also sorry, I have no idea how to successfully embed pics Sad

Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Shell
I'm guessing you're using ZSnes? Because I've only seen that in ZSnes. Use bsnes or snes9x instead.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Yeah, that's a problem with whatever emulator you're using. The battle code does a lot of processing when the screen reaches the beginning of the menu area at scanline 160 (see C1/B007 and C2/EA54) but some emulators don't sync the CPU with the screen output very well. bsnes is especially good at accurately emulating CPU timing.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Everything for this post:
  • xDaygo (12-18-2019)

Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Confuse
(12-17-2019, 10:16 PM)Subtraction Wrote: I'm guessing you're using ZSnes? Because I've only seen that in ZSnes. Use bsnes or snes9x instead.

I am currently using snes9x.

(12-18-2019, 12:26 AM)Everything Wrote: Yeah, that's a problem with whatever emulator you're using. The battle code does a lot of processing when the screen reaches the beginning of the menu area at scanline 160 (see C1/B007 and C2/EA54) but some emulators don't sync the CPU with the screen output very well. bsnes is especially good at accurately emulating CPU timing.

Thanks for the input! I'll try out bsnes!  Smile