Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
south figaro shortcut

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
(07-17-2019, 04:16 PM)Turbotastic Wrote: I'm going to be the contrarian and say that since this feature has been part of every iteration of the game, it is a completely intentional design choice.

Honestly, while I wouldn't be surprised if this was intentional, I'd argue that Square didn't exactly put much effort into fixing much else that was unintended. >.>

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 22
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Auto-life
(07-17-2019, 04:16 PM)Turbotastic Wrote: I'm going to be the contrarian and say that since this feature has been part of every iteration of the game, it is a completely intentional design choice.

The sequemce can't be completed without dressing as a merchant, so it doesn't completely break the sequence, just makes it easier. This shortcut was a reward for players being thorough, and it isn't exactly hard to discover - I had always assumed there was an unseen walkway there to get from one side of town to the other. As Warrax wrote, this passage fits in with the idea of hidden paths in South Figaro in general.

well you can also kill the heavy armor, but it is not worth the trouble.

Unless Square did not care and it exists in all versions (especially with no potential soft locks appearing), then it is perhaps a design choice. what this means is that you skip the whole puzzle section through an alternate route and not once do you need to rely on stealing.
  Find