Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
NPC Sprite Sheet Expansion (m06 version)

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
heyyy zozma long time no see man, I hope all is well with you brother

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Vampire
I know right? Its been forever! any interesting patches?
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
well the only really real interesting ones are these right here imo, the ones along the lines of sprite and palette expansions are right up my alley

I did however consider making a couple of more custom weapons one of these days, maybe create a few interesting pieces of equipment

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hey, noob here. I was wondering if there were any color palettes sheets for the sprites in ff6 that i could download?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(12-17-2017, 09:11 PM)Soulsicknes Wrote: Hey, noob here. I was wondering if there were any color palettes sheets for the sprites in ff6 that i could download?

Do you mean palette files? FF3usME can export the original palettes in .pal format, I presume it's a custom format only made for FF3usME. I've seen .pal files before elsewhere but same extension does not mean same format.

Most spritesheets of our Sprite Database have custom palettes files but some are original palettes as well.

I made a tutorial a while back and screencaped the original palettes from FF3usME. The pictures could be used if you sprite in Gimp and want to select colors: https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php...g_palettes

Edit: Concerning this project all sprites use in battle the original 6 palettes. As for field palettes, it doesn't seem they are expanded. The field palettes are assigned via events for playable characters and NPCs have their palette ID stored in the NPC data.
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Soulsicknes (12-23-2017), SSJ Rick (12-18-2017)

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
That's kind of what I'm talking about. The part showing the over world and battle palettes is more like what I'm looking for, so I can work on characters using the game palettes.
  Find

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 21
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Updates on this project:
Menu code is now fully relocatable and stored in expanded space.
Cursor now showing in Save Menu properly.

Added Impresario Sprite by Lone Red Mage, huge thanks. Awesome work.
Added Train Conductor Sprite from database by Zozma again a big thx for all the sprites.
  Find
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to m06 for this post:
  • C-Dude (10-06-2019), Catone (05-18-2019), madsiur (11-07-2018)

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Okay, it's a necro post... Sorry. Considering "Catone" is also a bit of a "necro poster" at least it's fitting. Yeah, any and all online life (as is "Catone") has been dead for a long while. (Really? 2015!?! THAT'S when I played with this? WTF?!?)

Have to say though, I very happy to see this finished (functionable code, sprite work is never finished, always more to draw so if ypur a spriters, stop reading and get back to work... jk... Or am I?) Back to the point, while I've forgotten how to really read any of the code at the moment, "Dynamic Loading" THAT gave me rush, knew it could be done! Just took someone smarter than me to hammer it in. Thanks for making it work m06, really. It's nice to see it.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
what sprites catone

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Kind of a rhetorical statement, at least from me at the moment due to forgetting how to read most of anything. In other words, "I" can't remember or tell which, if any, are still missing. Or how far he went with full sprite sheets ( I was looking at up to #154 sheets, several of such were stuff like the crane arms that are used in ways that can't easily be changed into a normal character sheet or read in ways to be combine with other pictures.) Something I had played with was adding in a few extra sheets by joining item sprites into one sheet (say if sprite #99 face north its a slave crown, face south and it's a locke's bandana, if facing east a rock.) In this example case, three items that each had their own sprite number in the list take up number leaving 2 sprite numbers to be assigned to entirely new sprites for NPC's or PC's without replacing anything. (And yes that also requires going through and changing every single place those combined items are used to tell them which part of the sheet to display, but come on more NPC sheets, even if it's just means more variations of townfolks is ?.)

The rhetorical side of it is refering to drawing/artwork can always be improved or reimagined. Code on the other hand is like a math problem, once you find THE answer, and do it in the shortest way possible, it's complete. So... A sprite artist can always draw a "better" sprite, since better is a opinion when looking at sprites/art. Long, overly complicated answer, sorry.

More on topic, did anyone ever do NPC portraits that I missed?

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find