Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FFVI: Divergent Paths

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 155
Status
Nattak\'d
Ya know, I'm 99% sure the Editor Restoration Patch is meant for the ROM to be headered. You can use a tool like SNEStuff to apply or remove the header easily. That should solve everything. Smile But you'll need to use a backup ROM if you have one though, before the dialog became borked. Or I guess just re-patch DP to a clean ROM and then import your dialog.txt again etc.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • Joshua H. (01-17-2023)

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
DAMN!!!!!!!!

LOL, I didn't get the memo...thanks again, buddy.

Yeah, I usually use TUSH for headers. I've been backing up almost every change I make these days, duplicating and storing vanilla Roms, etc.. The good thing about being a noob is I learn from my mistakes.

Okay, the header was the solution. Now I just need to figure out the softlock during Setzre's intro at the auction house. I won't stress about that. I've got about 46,000 bytes to work with on the script, 90% of which is already completed. I'll take a break until version 2.0 comes out. I don't think the lock has anything to do with the save file since I'm using files from DP's archive. I'll play from scratch after I'm done transposing my own script over to DP's script...see what happens. I'm just excited because it would seem that all the work I've been putting in is about to bear fruit. It won't take more than a week or two to build a .ips file using LUNAR once DP v2.0 arrives. In fact, once I'm done transposing, it shouldn't even take a day.

Update: One last tidbit before I head in. When I try to access the town dialog within FF3usME an "error" message reads: Dialog routine pointers were hand hex. edited, FF3usME cannot work with the reformated data. So the pointers aren't matching...this might be happening due to the fact that I'm managing town dialog for the extra bytes after I expand the Rom from 24bit to 32bit. I'm able to play the Rom via emulation...but I'm no longer able to edit it...again, this is after the ER.ips file has been patched (I think). It's WAY past my bedtime, laters...
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Can I request that you open a separate project thread for your project? You are doing things way beyond basic editing of the Divergent Paths rom, and I don't want someone browsing this thread to think that all of the bugs and ifficulties you are encountering are caused by Divergent Paths.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Threads: 11
Status
None
Oh, for sure. I know just where to do that. Sorry Panda.
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Given: 2
Status
X-Zone
@PowerPanda I played the DVP 1.4 and I found a bug. In the event of floating island after scene of the world been destroyed it turned out to be another black screen and cannot continue further to event of celes and cid.

Nevermind its fixed.
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(03-07-2023, 01:41 AM)rhonryderz Wrote: @PowerPanda I played the DVP 1.4 and I found a bug. In the event of floating island after scene of the world been destroyed it turned out to be another black screen and cannot continue further to event of celes and cid.

Nevermind its fixed.

If anyone gets this in the future, it's likely because you made an edit in one of the editors, which will blow away the World of Ruin minimap. Run the "editor restoration.ips" patch (found in the extras folder) on a headered rom, and that will fix it.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • rhonryderz (03-07-2023)

Threads: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Hi everyone !

I’m sorry to intrude in your discussions, but I can’t get the imp  Kappa!  to complete my full roaster of characters. 
And I can't find the reason why in the internet..

I'm in world of ruin, and I have all the other characters, so I come to talk to the imp with Mog and the full set of 4 imp's equipments : imp-partisan ; turtle shell ; saucer ; reed cloak ... 
And it says always the same things to me as if I had made no effort at all to lure him into the gang, yet I even turned Locke into an imp and equipped him with all imp stuff.

Maybe I miss something, can anyone help me, please ?

I really thank for this hack, it's so cool to come back in ff6 worlds with marvelous changes and somenew gaming perspectives.  Shine
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
So it's Mog himself that needs to be equipped with the Imp Gear, not just having the items in the inventory. That should hopefully do it!

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • ebronux (03-14-2024)

Threads: 0
Status
None
Hi everyone!

I'm once again playing through this hack, on a repro cart on my 30 year old SNES! It's honestly so much fun to be playing this on the original hardware. Still absolutely love the hack, it's amazing how much better each part of the story fits together.

Just wanted to report what I think(?) is a bug? I received both the Gauntlets and the Bracers at the Returners Hideout, like I should have. However, I noticed that by the Magitek Factory, the Gauntlets were no longer in my inventory anywhere. I have no idea when I lost them, but I would be very surprised if I accidentally sold them. Anyway, just wanted to check if anyone knew what might have happened?
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Hi! So do you recall if you had them equipped on any certain character? Or were they in your inventory the whole time?