Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Opera hack

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hey everyone!

So I'm new to this forum because I think i might need some help in making my hack idea happen.
My idea is to have a hack of the opera scene and JUST the opera scene. Everything else can go haha.
I want to change out Celes Sprite, which is easy, but Im wondering how i could change the Music and the text + the scripted movement and timing.
As I'm not a super good coder (this hack is supposed to be part of my art school graduation...) I had quite some trouble understanding the tutorials when It comes to what I want to do.

I hope someone is here who could maybe help me get on the right track Smile

to sum it up, what I basically want to do is:

1) Change the music
2) Change the Text
3) Change scripted movement and timing

Im grateful for every reply!
Jenny
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Welcome!

You can check the Hacking FAQ for starting points. You'll see categories at bottom of the page after the FAQ.

Changing the text can be done with FF3usME. The lips movements and other actions during opera are Events. Changing the music will be the most difficult but there are good tutorials also. I wouldn't call music hacking easy even for an experienced hacker but if you got a base in composition it can really help.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
welcome to the site

good luck with your project

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Dang it, I should have started on that event tutorial a bit sooner.  Finger Maybe it would have been helpful.

We could definitely point you in the right direction.  I've no clue about the music, but changing the text is as straightforward as Madsiur implied.  Depending on exactly what you want from the eventing, it might be very straightforward as well.  Do you just want to make sure the movements match the music, or do you want to do something more involved?

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Event editing for the Opera scene is going to be a beast.

For event editing, I follow the tutorial that was mentioned. I load the rom into Zone Eater CE, and use their scripter to mock up the changes I want to make. However, Zone Eater is extremely buggy. Every time you enter a subroutine, you HAVE to enter it as jumping it to CA0000. Then, if you have a line that jumps to subroutine CB1234, and you shift its location in the script, Zone Eater will change it to CA1234. So to get around that, I build the event the way I want it in Zone Eater, then I hand-enter the hex via Cygnus.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hey! Thanks for the welcoming messages and for pointing at possible directions I could start with!
I figured out how to deal with the sprites and text (pretty straight forward, youre right haha).

Regarding your question Kirby: I would want to match the movement of the whole sprite (the choreography) and also make it lipsync a bit.

Panda: This is the part I'm dreading! Im working through the tutorial, but I'm really slow with that, meh

I'll let you guys know when I made some progress!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
For events my personal suggestion would be to avoid Zone Doctor and use an Hex Editor like HxD. Zone Doctor event module can corrupt your ROM, but there are way to proceed with it without messing things up. However I don't know the tricks.

Lockirby's event document and the event dump can be handy as well as Imzogelmo's event command list and XjcsX's event tutorial (which is a little outdated though). All these documents can be found here: https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php...s:doc:game

I also made two video tutorials that can be handy for beginners:

https://youtu.be/ULJUZUF7BVI
https://youtu.be/XUsn2Y6yYp0

XjcsX also made a few event tutorials about 6 years ago. There's a few inaccuracies in those but they are relevant still:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFVP5Kq...RCcaf_6Guw
  Find