Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
My first sprite!

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(11-28-2016, 11:33 PM)Xzephor Wrote: Here is a teaser of my next character Balg! I made this guy completely from scratch and am super proud of him!

He has his own style in a good way. I wouldn't be able to do better and I would probably do a lot worst in fact. If you want my honest opinion though, his top sprites gestures (white shirt) are a bit too cubic and would probably clash with the rest of original sprites. Maybe if you add some extra pixels for the arms and some extra shading in some spots it would look more like the original sprite style. The rest of the sprite looks good to me though. It's all about experiment but when you get the hand of it you'll be able to do them quicker. Bare in mind I'm no spriter so my comments might worth nothing XD.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Xzephor (11-29-2016)

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
No no Mad I'm trying to get as close as I can to original style and I appreciate it! We are all fans of this wonderful game and I'mm trying to capture the spirit as much as possible! Once I finish all the poses I can go back and refine them with fresh eyes! its pretty grueling work haha
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(11-29-2016, 12:24 AM)Xzephor Wrote: Once I finish all the poses I can go back and refine them with fresh eyes! its pretty grueling work haha

@Sutebenukun, @JWhiteLXXXIX, @Kugawattan and @"Poco Loco" are our four best spriters (in no particular order). Some don't visit the forum daily but their input are among the best advices you can get here. Don't give up! You could also get good input from them by writing them a pm or posting your sprites in our discord chat (James White and Kugawattan are in the chat on a daily basis).
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Thanks for the heads up! Gonna take a few days away from here because FFXV arrived last night, its pretty much the last game I am gonna play and since I have all week off I will blow through it no prob. Then its full steam ahead! See you all back here soon!
  Find