Poll: What, if anything, should be changed for Iris?
Everything, scrap her entirely.
Alter her concept/backstory
Make a brand new backstory
Alter her design
Make a brand new design
Alter her ability
Make a brand new ability
She's just fine, leave the poor girl alone!
Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Iris Havengard Current Progress

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Well I did do some edits and such, the first one was just fixing some issues I had with the hair, and making her shoulder slightly bigger. The second one-well you'll see. Here's the two portraits and their side-by-side comparison the original is on the left and the following are the edited versions.

[Image: NewestIrisportrait2..png]         [Image: NewestIrisportrait3..png]

[Image: NewestIrisportraitlarge.png]         [Image: NewestIrisportrait2large.png]           [Image: NewestIrisportrait3large..png]
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to LordSutebenu for this post:
  • B-Run (11-16-2016)

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
[Image: NewestIrisportrait3large..png]

This. Done. Perfect. Imported and looks amazing. Doesn't look at all awkward next to the original cast. Color-scheme is perfect, not too pretty, has depth and feeling. Yes. Yes. Yes.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Nailed it! Nice work, you made progress very quickly on that.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
yeah, that works!

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
1. It's my understanding that adding 2 new characters into the game will require (for ease of programming's sake) making Gogo and Umaro into "Guest-Type" characters (Leo, Ghost, Banon, etc): unable to reequip. For this reason, you now have two relic slots open for Umaro: The Blizzard Orb makes him use a weak Ice Attack that sucks. The Rage Ring makes him throw himself and other party members at the enemies, and is awesome. Replace the Blizzard Orb into Iris' Ability-Improving Item.

2. It's my opinion that you are going too big on the number of different spells/attacks/etc. which Iris will have access to. You are basically creating another Gau, also. And by the way, has anyone asked, what happens if Iris is not equipped with an Esper? You can't just stuff one on her when she joins. If she doesn't have one, perhaps giving her "Fight Magic Item" as a generic command window (without even having to do text for the Fuse Ability in battle) would be cool. She becomes just another generic magic user, the way Gau is if he's not currently under Rage.

3. To limit down the number of things which Iris will do, and avoid the mental fog that traps a person who decides what Rage to do based on what they want to try out (1994 was so long ago, gosh memories), I would say select Magic Attacks which are already associated with Dance/Rage/Sketch, and not Spells which have a "White Dot/Black Dot/Grey Dot" on them. Use enemy magic attacks like Wind Slash, Flare Star, hey, maybe give her some Lore Spells which Strago can learn. Laugh Not all of them, of course. Step Mine maybe. But be more intuitive about what you're giving her the ability to do. Some things, you want the player to be like "Wow this would work here, and that would work there." Perhaps equipping her with Seraphim would give her Sun Beam/Tapir/A Holy Elemental Attack. Gau can switch weapons he's holding during a Rage; this would be identical code, but what I'm wondering is, can you give her 3 separate actions which she can take based on an Esper? And then limit it to 3 possibilities per Esper? Giving each 5 spells sounds like it'll be a pain in the butt to work out. I'd say give each Esper 2 spells, and a physical attack. None of these should be what you can cast with the Esper normally, to differentiate Iris' connection with the Espers from Terra or Celes or anyone else. Example:

Ramuh: Tek Laser/Giga Volt/ThunderBlade
Kirin: Haste 2/Sun Beam/Normal Unarmed Hit
Siren: Evil Toot/Lullaby/Tempest
Stray: Lv 3 Muddle/Megazerk/Mythril Claw

And so on and so on. Make some more useful than others. Don't just focus on damage calculation. Some actions in battle should not affect the HP/MP levels of anyone. And this business of having her attacks fail, I think, is too annoying to the player; give her substandard attacks before you punish the player for using Iris. No one will put her in a team if she's that dangerous, but attacking when you could have cured we put up with from Gau already.

As to what the Relic you end up using/whatever mongery you choose to improve her ability in the endgame, Perhaps grant her access to inputting the commands herself, similar to Relm's Control Menus?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(11-06-2017, 10:36 AM)Spooniest Wrote: 1. It's my understanding that adding 2 new characters into the game will require (for ease of programming's sake) making Gogo and Umaro into "Guest-Type" characters (Leo, Ghost, Banon, etc): unable to reequip. For this reason, you now have two relic slots open for Umaro: The Blizzard Orb makes him use a weak Ice Attack that sucks. The Rage Ring makes him throw himself and other party members at the enemies, and is awesome. Replace the Blizzard Orb into Iris' Ability-Improving Item.

No, we are putting Iris in slot 15. By the time she join, Leo is last guest to use this slot and we moved him to slot 16. By the WOR, slot 16 become permanently free. This is where the second character would join for good but he could have an apparition as guest in the WOB for a period of time. Slots 15 and 16 will have all the guest limitations removed.

(11-06-2017, 10:36 AM)Spooniest Wrote: 2. It's my opinion that you are going too big on the number of different spells/attacks/etc. which Iris will have access to. You are basically creating another Gau, also. And by the way, has anyone asked, what happens if Iris is not equipped with an Esper? You can't just stuff one on her when she joins. If she doesn't have one, perhaps giving her "Fight Magic Item" as a generic command window (without even having to do text for the Fuse Ability in battle) would be cool. She becomes just another generic magic user, the way Gau is if he's not currently under Rage.

I could see Iris having a natural magic list like Terra and Celes. This would give her some versatility for the pre-esper game if she is already there or for the times you have limited espers available.
  Find