Poll: What, if anything, should be changed for Iris?
Everything, scrap her entirely.
Alter her concept/backstory
Make a brand new backstory
Alter her design
Make a brand new design
Alter her ability
Make a brand new ability
She's just fine, leave the poor girl alone!
Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Iris Havengard Current Progress

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Meet Iris.

[Image: IrisWave.png] - "Hello"

Iris was our community-created character from the 15th-Man Project. And she was unfinished. [Image: IrisSad.png]

But that's okay, because we are bringing her back to lead out the Full Roster Hack! [Image: IrisDetermined.png]

This is where she stands so far:

Concept:
15th-Man Project Wrote:The Implacable Experiment

This character is an individual who has had close contact with the Empire after being used for human (or esper) experimentation in the Magitek Facility and has taken on a grotesque appearance. This character is aware of their disturbing appearance and their primary drive is to seek vengeance against those who have wronged him/her and to see that they are brought to justice.

This character would work well in FF6 as they would serve to show the more cruel and inhumane side of the Gestahlian Empire, especially when you consider how much Terra's past is lacking in filling in the darker parts of the Empire's history. This character would also ideally have a somewhat strange fighting style which would vary from the other characters, they also by merit of being a Magitek experiment could have a natural magic learning list.

Bakcstory:
15th-Man Project Wrote:The Betrayed Young Citizen

Back history: This daughter of a South Figaro sailor was raised by a lonely old woman from Vector after the boat transporting her and her father sunk near the Southern Continent. She was then taken prisoner by the Empire in her teenage years after the old woman died an that Emperor Gestahl adopted a secret law to capture homeless [and unwanted] citizens for Magitek experimentations. During her captivity, she developed her hate towards the Empire that she was considering once her second home.

Possible encounters: She might have been in contact with Cid and/or Kefka and/or Celes during her captivity. She might also have been in contact with some Espers and talked with them. This all depends on how we want to develop her back story and the game events.

Pros:
- Rich backstory and relations with the actual characters of the game if we want any.
- Explain well why the character feels doubly betrayed by the Empire and explain her hatred.

Cons:
- Might require a lot of event creation, but isn't this the goal of this hack? Wink

Design:
15th-Man Project Wrote:[Image: IrisHavengard.png] [Image: IrisPortraitLarge.png]

Ability (Fuse):
15th-Man Project Wrote:She would "Fuse" with an esper. I guess it could be with the equipped one, or within a list of 6-8. The esper could appear behind her, like with sketch. Thereafter, a second battle menu appear, like with "control", and she use ability related to the esper, not necessarily the spells she gives. Like Gau, she would gain status ailment and elemental resistances of the esper. Part of her pallette could change depending on the esper with a custom status ailment.
With this, you have great versality and you will be able to discover new things with each esper.
Also, another possiblity is, we could make the ability a lot stronger, but make it that a magicite is required to use the ability

Also, are we discussing about a relic that change the ability? Like fakemustache?
If so, i suggest that the relic change "Fuse" for "Wild Magic", which cast a random magic black magic, but alot stronger than the normal version. It could also rarely cast esper attack.

However, before we get cracking on this, there are some things to discuss... namely, is this the exact starting point we want to use for her? We have this opportunity to redo or revamp a part of the character before moving on, so we need to address that now before moving forward. What are you thoughts/impressions of the character? Should one or more things be tweaked/changed outright?

I will say that the ability, as it's described here, turned out to be mostly unfeasible, which was part of the reason the project stalled last time. As much as I'd love to make a brand new ability with all the bells and whistles listed here... it was a little too large a scope, with many many too many options. I think at least this will need to be tweaked if not changed entirely. But I want to hear from you guys. So vote above!

Happy Hacking!
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to B-Run for this post:
  • FF6_Lover (09-20-2016)

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Transcendency
I like that Sprite and Potrait, if you did it great job Smile, but if someone else did it, still good job man, I'd love to see her with her history, abilitie and stuff........ Hit Objection!
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I like the concept and design as they are, and don't really want them changed. I feel like I have a pretty strong mental image of who Iris is supposed to be, and changing that now isn't something I want to do. If we change her design, I think it should absolutely not be changed to be more attractive in any way. I feel that this is rather core to her character.

I'm a lot more open to changing her ability though. The original ability was perhaps a bit too ambitious, which probably came out of the fact that the brainstorming session and subsequent vote did not attempt to limit the abilities to something that could be implemented within reason. I voted for both modifying and creating a brand new ability, since I'm not really sure what should be done with it (perhaps nothing, if somebody actually thinks they can do all that).

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Obliviscence
(09-20-2016, 07:40 PM)FF6_Lover Wrote: I like that Sprite and Potrait, if you did it great job Smile, but if someone else did it, still good job man, I'd love to see her with her history, abilitie and stuff........ Hit Objection!

The Iris sprite and portrait were done by Sutebenukun who used to be an admin for the site.

(09-20-2016, 08:03 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: I like the concept and design as they are, and don't really want them changed.  I feel like I have a pretty strong mental image of who Iris is supposed to be, and changing that now isn't something I want to do.  If we change her design, I think it should absolutely not be changed to be more attractive in any way.  I feel that this is rather core to her character.

I'm a lot more open to changing her ability though.  The original ability was perhaps a bit too ambitious, which probably came out of the fact that the brainstorming session and subsequent vote did not attempt to limit the abilities to something that could be implemented within reason.  I voted for both modifying and creating a brand new ability, since I'm not really sure what should be done with it (perhaps nothing, if somebody actually thinks they can do all that).

I agree about her character, I got sort of attached. Here's a thread we had for discussion for her that is an interesting read: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...p?tid=2363. Once we are ready to move forward, I might move that thread over here or make a new one.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
I voted to leave her as she is. The only complain I had in 2013 was that her ability was too complex to code but if it's doable now or a variant of it is possible then it's all good. We must not get discouraged and drop this because we aim too high.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
itd be cool if you could add an alternate sprite for walking right due to her asymmetrically that's my only gripe

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 19
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
Glad to see this project starting to roll once again. I'm of the same mind as LK on this, I enjoy her design a lot, and the backstory offers plenty of interesting possibilities. The character itself is great, but I'd change her ability though. I was kinda undecided between "brand new ability" and "change her ability" options, but voted for the latter. I think before we scrap Fuse we should try to rework it, at least.
  Find

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 21
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
So Iris inspired me to write a song:
http://picosong.com/TS9X/

I like her story and look. I hope you like the song (the recording starts a little late).
  Find

Threads: 19
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
(09-21-2016, 02:39 AM)m06 Wrote: http://picosong.com/TS9X/

That's really good, m06. Sounds tragic, which makes sense with Iris' character. Nice work.
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
I'm seeing a lot of support for altering the ability. Let's talk ideas. With the idea of "fusing" herself to an esper... what's something we could do that wouldn't be quite so over-the-top?
  Find