FF6 Short Story Contest

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
FF6 Short Story Contest!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2KBHRuvCPHKf2BDoaXEw...Zhvmp4UaVw]

It's contest time, people! This next one is very straightforward and anyone can participate. This requires literally no hacking skills. Your task? Write a story! The only requirement is that it is at least tangentially related to FF6. Be it about FF6 proper, the world of FF6, the War of the Magi, or a story from your own hack, everything is welcome. There are no requirements on the number of words, so submit 3 sentences or 8000 words, it doesn't matter, we'll take it! For confidentiality and post-length purposes.... submissions should be PMed or emailed to me, but make sure to post here to let me know it's been sent! Also, feel free to talk about ideas in this thread (hype posts welcome). The winner(s) will be getting a wiki page with their story as well as a shout out on the Announcements page pointing people to your work.

In the meantime, a companion game will be started here in the Returner's Hideout with an ongoing storytelling by post thread! So if you want to hone your writing skills for the contest, or do small amounts of writing without doing the contest, or just feel like seeing what odd turn our story will take... join the game!

Good luck writers.

Happy not-Hacking!

Edit: Attention writers! Submissions for the short story contest end on Wednesday, September 7th.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
If no typo in my event, I will put on Facebook and twitter: https://youtu.be/UWWJiVtd35M
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Now that I've submitted for the "Pretend I'm an artist" contest, I can enter the "Pretend I'm a writer" contest. Smile

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Obliviscence
(08-26-2016, 09:53 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: Now that I've submitted for the "Pretend I'm an artist" contest, I can enter the "Pretend I'm a writer" contest. Smile

Circumstances aside... you won the "Pretend I'm and artist" contest. Participation Award FTW.
  Find

Threads: 9
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Slow
Hmm, If I were to present my planned story for my hack which is lacking progress due to me focusing on ff2 nes atm. It might be of interest, but its not exactly tied to ff6 world. Although a sub story I have for me edit which is the reason Shadow and Relm are not gonna be replaced in my edit may be a more interesting piece. Likely submitting it will encourage support in my hack idea and aid with editing? Idk
  Find

Status
Slow
Well, I finished my submission. I must say that I really need to work on my formatting, cause the way I set up the enormous paragraphs and speech was extremely poor!  Laugh 

I'm serious at the same time getting a laugh from it! [Image: G6jZBDs.png]
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ScarabEnigma for this post:
  • B-Run (09-19-2016)

Threads: 19
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
(08-28-2016, 05:32 PM)ScarabEnigma Wrote: [Image: G6jZBDs.png]

I'm thinking red mage + clown + gogo hybrid. Nice work.

On topic, I will be submitting an entry as well, so you all can just give up on winning this contest. Objection!
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Debrave
What is the deadline for submissions?
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
Oh right, I kind of forgot about an end date for submissions... Let's go with Wednesday, September 7th. I will then have the results judged and posted by that Friday.
  Find

Status
Slow
(08-28-2016, 07:52 PM)FF6Fanatic Wrote:
(08-28-2016, 05:32 PM)ScarabEnigma Wrote: [Image: G6jZBDs.png]

I'm thinking red mage + clown + gogo hybrid. Nice work.

How dare thee. He is not a clown, or gogo, though he is replacing gogo in my edit.
  Find