Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 Short Story Contest

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Vicks took a sip from his flask, it was freezing to the touch. He never liked his job, but it was his only thing he knew how to do well. He also didn't like killing innocent people but his mind refused to accept the details. His long time friend, Wedge, felt the opposite. As they rolled into Narshe they were a bit nervous... but that quickly dissolved as a town guard fearlessly attacked them with a wolf, known as a Lobo. The guard's fearlessness left them both in a state of awe, yet their training quickly kicked in as they disintegrated the guard with a Fire Beam... It was over... They only had a moment of thought before they were attacked by another guard, this time with some backup. The guards fought their heart out as they thought of their families, yet they died, and quite easily. And yet again the imperial armored soldiers felt no regret, for they were on a mission. A man named Arvis heard this commotion, and went into planning mode, he was aware of this attack for a while now and was primed and ready - he hid an Elixir in his clock as he went to save the girl. This girl was like no other, she was special. As he snuck into the cave full of dangerous monsters he felt a braveness he never know, and he was determined. It was Banon that told him what to do, so he did it. The wild esper showed him no regard, so he carried the girl off as he used a potion to heal her. The girl woke up in a state of disbelief. She took the elixir from the clock and set out on a mission, a mission to find out who she was.

Edit: Okay so I was super inebriated when I wrote this on a whim... I'm sorry for not submitting it correctly, hopefully that's not an issue, if it is I'm fine with this being erased lol. I might add to it before the deadline, though.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • B-Run (09-19-2016)

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I'm in.

"The Mind that lies fallow but a single Day, sprouts up in Follies that are only to be killed by a constant and assiduous Culture."
- Joseph Addison, "The Spectator"  Confused
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
How are the short stories coming along guys! Just a reminder the deadline for the contest is Wednesday, September 7th. That's just a couple more days to write your story and email/PM it to me!
  Find

Threads: 19
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
Whoa I thought it was the 9th. Reading comprehension fail.

I have the story sussed out, I'm considering implementing in the hack so I can provide some makeshift screenies along with the text, something like a storybook. It would only require some eventing done and would spice things up a bit, make it more interesting by adding a visual element. Would that disqualify my entry? I can make it text-only as well, no problems there.
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
Probably text-only. using screenshots wouldn't disqualify you, but it also won't give you extra points, the more important factor is that it's in on time. So if you want to do all that I'm totally OK with it, just make sure you have the time.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Done! I would have been faster, as this only took an hour, but I was on vacation in the US for a bit, and then had friends over the last couple of days.

Confused Moogles FTW
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Lockirby2 for this post:
  • B-Run (09-19-2016)

Threads: 19
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
Alright, I'm focusing on a 100% text entry; and boy is it shaping up nicely. I'll say it again, this contest will be mine for sure! Kappa!
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to FF6Fanatic for this post:
  • B-Run (09-19-2016)

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Debrave
I hope it's on the 7th and not before the 7th.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Turbotastic for this post:
  • B-Run (09-19-2016)

Status
Obliviscence
Yes, you have the rest of today to send me your entry.
  Find

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 41
Status
None
Damn, a day late. Ah well, mine was pre-written, probably not eligible anyway.
  Find