Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Text Edit Contest RESULTS!

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Hey everyone! The results are in and I have to say it was HAAAAAAAAARD to pick. You guys did such an amazing job with this, I was blown away. You guys have some talent. In the end we had 16 entries (unfortunately no gamefaqs or twitter submissions [their loss]), so I had the tough choice of narrowing it down to just a handful of winners.

The premise was simple; the idea was to edit a dialog box and completely change the screenshot because of it. We had some bazaar entries, so let's see who won!

First off, Honorable Mentions!

Now for the winners! Let's check out our Runner-Ups.

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for. The Winner!

Thank you everyone for participating in the event! Everyone who made submissions received a "Thank You" from me for your forum statistics, and the Honorable Mentions and Winners here will have their entries added to the "Random Screenshot" box while browsing the site! Great job to everyone.

Happy Hacking!
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Congrats to the winners!

"The Mind that lies fallow but a single Day, sprouts up in Follies that are only to be killed by a constant and assiduous Culture."
- Joseph Addison, "The Spectator"  Confused
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Yay, i'm an honorable mention!  Kungfu!
I loved the idea of making a "what if" scenario as text change and well... "what if Kefka actually died from Celes sudden stab" would literally change everything.

It was a nice contest, i look forward seeing similar contests in future.
Great jobs to the others too, especially the one of Madsiur that i think is the one i liked the most  Laugh

PS. speaking of submissions from the site... what happened to the short video clip submission to make the intro video for YT channel of FF6hacking.com?

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
(07-08-2016, 03:28 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: PS. speaking of submissions from the site... what happened to the short video clip submission to make the intro video for YT channel of FF6hacking.com?

You'd have to ask Madsiur, it's 100% him that's behind it. He's probably not forgot about it but hasn't had the time to finalize it to a high enough standard. I have been looking forward to it as well!

Oh and yes this was a fun contest! Glad many participated and I quite enjoyed every screenshot you guys made. Congrats to Jackimus, I as well tried that and loved the many rumors from back in the day. I tried the dinosaur forest one, got up to around 1000 battles before I threw in the towel on that.

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 4
Status
Blind
*flexes*
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(07-08-2016, 03:28 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: PS. speaking of submissions from the site... what happened to the short video clip submission to make the intro video for YT channel of FF6hacking.com?

Tbh, I still have motivation to finish it but I got so much on my plate that I don't take some time to work on it. This and other stuff like the submission system or fixing the calendar. I should really devote a few hours a week to those but right now I like working on my editor.
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Prowess
I honestly thought my other entry was more creative than my honourable mention, but if I hold the funniest entry, I'm all for it. Honestly, my favourite part of Jackimus's is the fact that he doesn't even get close to filling the box correctly.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(07-23-2016, 11:09 PM)Cecil188 Wrote: Honestly, my favourite part of Jackimus's is the fact that he doesn't even get close to filling the box correctly.

Same here. I could see that text going on for 5 other dialogue boxes.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 4
Status
Blind
That basically was the idea, but i didnt know how to make that little arrow that prompts you to keep going show up, or i took the screenshot too early or something, idk.

Also, cecil's "gah! it's my mother in law!" was probably my favorite of the bunch.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Jackimus for this post:
  • Cecil188 (07-24-2016)

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Yeah, it's clever how it implies that there's another dozen ridiculous steps that need to be pulled off to revive him. Tongue

Confused Moogles FTW