Users browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)
Pony Fantasy VI Remake

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 43
Status
None
A partial success, she now does the Locke counter properly but no Lullaby; again, fastforwarding the fight and doing nothing, still doesn't happen.

I will note though, I dunno if this is what you mean by triggering two counterattacks, but this script works for my new Eight Dragons. The Ice Dragon for instance does one counterattacks, then a second if it was hit by a Fire attack after Var 01 is set.

Code:
FC 05 00 00    ; If monster has been attacked
F0 EE 73 73    ; Rand. spell: Battle or Snowball or Snowball
FC 04 01 00    ; If monster as been attacked by element: Fire
FC 0D 01 01    ; If variable VAR001 is greater than or equal to 1
EF             ; Special
FE             ; End If and reset targeting
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
I can grant you can pick among any # of different counters and each counter can have any # of actions.

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
None
I'll just have her do the Lullaby on her fourth attack turn. About the same timing.
  Find

Status
None
Okay, hit a snag. I'm trying to add an extra bit to Lola's dialogue where she says hi to Cyan if he's in the party (in this hack Cyan/Applejack and Lola/Apple Bloom are sisters). Here's what I have.

[Image: Lola_zpstliw2zhh.png]

I replaced Lola's "he hasn't sent any letters in a while" event with a jump to this location where I relocated her talking, and that worked fine. Then I tried to do what I described above. I looked at the Chancellor greeting Edgar and Sabin for how to do it. If I did it right, what should be happening is:

Code:
CC/6B19: DE    Load CaseWord with the characters in the currently active party?
CC/6B1A: BE    If character $02 (Cyan ) is in the current CaseWord, call subroutine $CC6B25
CC/6B1F: 4B    Display dialogue message $030C, wait for button press
               Bloom: Blah blah blah
CC/6B22: FE    Return

CC/6B25: 4B    Display dialogue message $0B08, wait for button press
               Bloom: Hi Applejack!
CC/6B28: FE    Return

Well that isn't happening, when I talk to Lola/Apple Bloom, the game hangs.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
What is that 20 at CC/6B1E?
  Find

Status
None
I presumed that was the code to check for Cyan (the Chancellor had 40 and 50 when checking for Edgar and Sabin). A look at similar scripts that react to specific characters show similar usages.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
That looks right to me, huh. Those caseword checks are a bit tricky, how they are set up in a mixed up kinda way. I've had trouble with them in the past setting them up. But yeah your's looks good, checks for Cyan and jumps to the right address, or else does the regular dialog and ends with FE... you don't have a header applied or something simple like that eh?

I'm curious what the 01 byte is used for after the BE, I can't match that to anything, but yes it's in other caseword checks as well, so it's probably not the issue.

Status
None
Nope, no header.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Reason I ask is because that 'hasn't sent any letters back' event is normally at CC/6924 (with no header), and your code there appears to be with a header applied being at CC/6B19, which is +200 more than her real address, so this indicates there's a header applied which would make your jump inaccurate.

Try DE BE 01 25 69 20?

EDIT: Ah nevermind, I see now you removed some code there and that's where you must be jumping to. My bad, well I'll keep thinking of something anyway.

Status
None
No, my jump is fine. CC/6924 jumps to CC/6B19. If I get rid of the branching dialogue and just put Lola's normal greeting there, it works.
  Find