Users browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)
Pony Fantasy VI Remake

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Is yours based on the story directly from MLP, or is yours an original story that is just from the pony universe? And do you know if the other one (hack) is?

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 43
Status
None
The other hack, IMHO, was just FF6 with ponies. The MLP elements seemed very superficial to me.

This, the story is an original story integrated into MLP lore on FF6's bones. I mostly tried to make it an AU fic off of the Season 3 premiere to the tune of "what if King Sombra hadn't been stopped, and instead of the Crystal Ponies, we had the Espers?" It doesn't fully line up with that (Twilight's backstory with the Espers, for one thing), but it still works well enough if one approaches it in that mindset.

My favorite part of the hack, actually, is how I integrated the Espers into MLP's story. SPOILER ALERT - they're the G1 ponies from the 1980s incarnation, that went missing long ago after the Crystal War against King Sombra. The "Eight Dragons" in turn, along with Humbaba, are G1 villains as the ancient evils that have been unleashed on the world.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Sounds cool, I'm glad you took the time out to blend the stories together, or rather impose yours into the framework of FF6's, which is kinda a must since the events play out the same lol. But yeah, I'm sure that will make all the difference in regards to the other hack. Thanks for the rundown.

Status
None
Got an irritating oversight. When Gau uses an undead rage and is KO'd before he can use another one, he can't be revived, Life and Phoenix Downs miss. Here's the set-up for the two.

Could the original enemy being Raged being immune to Instant Death or not be a factor?

[Image: Dead1_zpsgwdhvaxx.png]

[Image: Dead2_zpsvjd53av5.png]
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Chicken
I think the problem is it's still counting "Gau" as undead even after dying.
There might be a patch somewhere that clears "Gau's" statuses on death so things like element weaknesses and resistances as well as undead get cleared upon getting KO'd.
As least I'm pretty sure something like that was done for Brave New World if I recall correctly.
I hope that helps somewhat as I don't really have any hacking knowledge beyond what's happening on the surface level.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Could have swore there was a patch for fixing Gau's rages regarding status effects being applied and removed properly. Might possibly fix your problem as well, don't remember the exact nqme though. Sorry.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
btw which version of FF3usME do you have? seems like you have an obsolete version...?

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
None
Nope, downloaded it just last month when I started the project.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Strange, the interface of the program is different from my 6.7/6.7.1 version...  Huh

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Yeah, looks like the advanced material is consolidated on the main details tab. no idea what's on the actual advanced tab, in that case, nor which version this could be.
  Find