Users browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)
Pony Fantasy VI Remake

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 43
Status
None
Ah well, I'll go without then. It isn't critical - I was considering replacing the character variables for their names with the actual names. But it's a minor difference either way and not worth that amount of effort for it. Thanks for your help with this and the other matters of the day. Smile

On positive news, up to the end of the Magitek Research Facility, hanging in there relatively free of big glitches.
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
I don't think usME will be compatible if you move the expanded text anywhere else. You can try though.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
expanded text itself leads to issues and glitches, under certain circumstances, god only knows what happens if you also move it...

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
None
Okay, need help knowing how to edit in-battle events. Specifically, Leo's battle with Kefka, and presumably Gestahl's confrontation with Kefka on the Floating Continent, I need to know how to change Gestahl's palette. Looked in the event listing but couldn't find it. I found this, but dunno from there how to change Gestahl's palette.

https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...ttle+event
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Change Gestahl's palette with FF3usME.

Status
None
I did, but it didn't do a thing. He's actually not looking like any of his palettes.

[Image: Playtesting_00011_zpsnfi0rdna.png]

I was able to find what I think is the spot where his sprite appears - at least, changing these bytes changes which sprite appears. But they don't change the palette. Gestahl/Sombra is Sprite 22, Hex 16, so I fiddled with the 16 value there and the bytes before and after it. All three changed the sprite, but they seem to load whatever the default palette is instead of the specific one - Kefka came in with Palette 3, and in another instance an NPC came in with Palette 1.

[Image: Gestahl_zps7klmd6pr.png]
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Change his BATTLE palette one, not his overworld, in FF3usME.

Status
None
I did.

Does Gestahl's sprite have some sort of filter over it in that cutscene that would make the sprite appear this way?
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
I'm sure all you'd need to do, normally, is just change the battle palette in usme and that's how you'd do it:
Testing it here I can confirm:

[Image: xA9lBsj.png]

[Image: qJXGiym.png] [Image: XvIaUcR.png]

If this is not working for you, I'm not sure what could have caused it not to, but if you can confirm it's not still, well we can go from there. There is no filter or anything, no, it's a battle sprite there in that battle event, and can have it's palette changed in usme.

EDIT: Is it that his graphic is messed up or not colored right, like showing different than it does in usme? Or is it correct and just the wrong palette, in which case yes you should be able to just change it easily there...

Status
None
Well it isn't for me. And I've had Gestahl/Sombra on Palette 0 all along.

[Image: Sombra_zpse99lec28.png]
  Find