Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
All new Cloud Strife!

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
Hello everyone and long time no see!!! For those who don't know me, my name is Royaken and I was a big MML creator on this site(and hope to start up again soon). I've been gone for some time dealing with personal situations as well as not having my own computer. So in the mean time I decided I'd start releasing some of my Sprites I've kept to myself. I PERSONALLY think I'm pretty good at making them, if you have any critiques please share them. Also I MIGHT take requests so don't be afraid to ask xD.

So for my 1st release, I decided to release a NEW Cloud Strife Sprite. I know there's a few floating around, but the hair and the general outfit never really shouted "CLOUD" to me(ABSOLUTLY NO DISRESPECT TOWARDS THEIR CREATORS!). So without further ado, here is my Cloud Strife Sprite!

[Image: ff7-cloud_strife_rk.png]

If there are any issues please let me know. The palette is an edit of Locke so that's what the changed/editted colors fit best with. I'm working on a faceshot for him and hopfully will release that soon. MORE SPRITES TO FOLLOW!

[Image: 5452812CeqVF.png]
[Image: RoyakenGif_zpsacedef24.gif]
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Royaken for this post:
  • Astaroth_ (04-15-2016)

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
This is pretty great! I can really only suggest two minor things, like the front and back's main "hair spike", it feels like too small to me. I don't know, it kinda off centers the "center of mass", so to say. (Don't let the spanish guy use more sophisticated English). Another thing I could suggest is making a "front, head turned right" pose: because if he shakes his head in "no" motion his shoulderpad moves from shoulder to shoulder.

Other than that, this is pretty slick. Great job!

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Status
None
(01-21-2016, 05:23 PM)Kugawattan Wrote: This is pretty great! I can really only suggest two minor things, like the front and back's main "hair spike", it feels like too small to me.  I don't know, it kinda off centers the "center of mass", so to say. (Don't let the spanish guy use more sophisticated English). Another thing I could suggest is making a "front, head turned right" pose: because if he shakes his head in "no" motion his shoulderpad moves from shoulder to shoulder.

Other than that, this is pretty slick. Great job!

Thank you for the input! I know what you mean about the hair from a forward view, but alas, his hair would be off the picture xD. As for the front head turned right, I don't think I can add an "extra" to the sprite sheet, it uses those amount exactly. Most other sprites are A-Symmetrical so there's never really an issue. If anyone else knows how to fix that then I would have them tell me immediately xD. Anyway, thanx again for the feed back! much appreciated!

Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
There is an empty space on basically every sheet, it was used for a sad/frightened-looking Terra and it's some scrambled jap text on the others, between moving the finger and the tent. I done this on my Dissidia Bartz sprite, to avoid his shoulder pad jumping from one place to other hehe.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Medicated
I like these touch-ups. I kind of thought of doing something myself but I've been doing other stuff in general.
Like you said there always seemed to be something off about it.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
Hey man it's not bad at all, shit you did great with his hair, I can't see it in detail ATM but from what I do see I am impressed

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Looks very nice!
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
(01-21-2016, 04:50 PM)Royaken Wrote: Hello everyone and long time no see!!! For those who don't know me, my name is Royaken and I was a big MML creator on this site(and hope to start up again soon). I've been gone for some time dealing with personal situations as well as not having my own computer. So in the mean time I decided I'd start releasing some of my Sprites I've kept to myself. I PERSONALLY think I'm pretty good at making them, if you have any critiques please share them. Also I MIGHT take requests so don't be afraid to ask xD.

So for my 1st release, I decided to release a NEW Cloud Strife Sprite. I know there's a few floating around, but the hair and the general outfit never really shouted "CLOUD" to me(ABSOLUTLY NO DISRESPECT TOWARDS THEIR CREATORS!). So without further ado, here is my Cloud Strife Sprite!

[Image: Cloud_Strife_zpsgcw0y36v.png]

If there are any issues please let me know. The palette is an edit of Locke so that's what the changed/editted colors fit best with. I'm working on a faceshot for him and hopfully will release that soon. MORE SPRITES TO FOLLOW!

Make sure you are giving credit where credit is due Ryo. These side sprites are from Final Fantasy Record Keeper. Decent job on the other angles and modifications.
[Image: latest?cb=20150315112413]
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to B-Run for this post:
  • madsiur (04-17-2016)

Status
None
(04-16-2016, 09:34 PM)B-Run Wrote: Make sure you are giving credit where credit is due Ryo. These side sprites are from Final Fantasy Record Keeper. Decent job on the other angles and modifications.
[Image: latest?cb=20150315112413]

Forgot to mention it here, but did in my other "Enemy" sprite releases. Thank you for adding it here. Much appreciated!

Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Aftermath
This by far the best Cloud I've encountered. Do you have future plans for anything else?
  Find