Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Regarding the Locke + Moogles vs Narshe Guard event...

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
'ello again. This is a rather complicated question so I didn't do a good enough research, so forgive me if something like this' been answered.

In my hack, Mog(actor $0A)'s replaced with a particular person who's very unlikely to have 10 more clones wandering around helping Lock-- uh, actor $01.
So my idea was to have the following battle consist of only one controllable group of actors $01 and $0A that fights the (weakened) horde of enemies.
However, I'm not exactly sure how to do this. Can someone give me some directions, if possible?

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
You'll have to remove two of the three parties and only leave 2 characters in party 1. This is all detailed in the event dump around CC/A9E3.
  Find

Status
Charmed
Okay, I found it. I think I have an idea of what to do here. My only question is, how do I properly remove every option but:
Assign character $01 (Actor in slot 1) to party 1 and
Assign character $0A (Actor in slot 10) to party 1?

FF ends queue, and from experience that doesn't help, unless I'm mistaken. What's the proper bits I should put? I found this information in Gi Nattak's Table of Commands:

"6. NOP = The byte used to cancel, or to skip to the next byte. There are two bytes to do the same action: $EA and $FD. When specifically working with events, you want to use $FD. If you are working on hex editing any other information that is -NOT- an event, you'll want to use $EA."

I'm NOT exactly sure if 'adding characters to party' is an event or is hex editing that's not an event.

Speaking of which, there are no pair of bits for 'Assign character $0A (Actor in slot 10) to party 1', now that I see it. How do I know I'm using the proper command here? :/

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
It has been awhile since I've looked at it, but there is a block of event code that assigns party memebers (it uses future character slots such as Setzer, Umaro, all the rest) then another block of code that assign the mog graphic, the individual character sheet (stats and name), the palette is also set in this block. In other words, a whole lot of assignments.

That being said, to hit your goal, as I understand it, you shouldnt have to play with that part much, I think, there is a call to a subroutine that assigns all characters to partys, then returns. Then another subroutine that assigns the properties and graphics. All you would need to do is edit that first subroutine and return it early (after asigning the two members) then disable the bit for three party battle mode.

Cant give better details at the moment, very sorry but if you still havent worked it out I'll look up details when Im able. Played with that section alot for testing.

PS. Everything in that area is event code.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
In general, if you are looking in the event dump, it is event code.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Charmed
[Image: screenshot_b_by_kugawattan-d8y17vk.png][Image: final_crossover_vi_00000_by_kugawattan-d8y17lv.bmp]

You have no idea how much I love you guys right now.

(PS How do you edit text in the status screen (second pic)? I need to change GP to Gil and more.)

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Several threads regardingthe GP to Gil process. As I understand it, its a matter of finding the locations and spending the time to make all changes, but not difficult.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(06-20-2015, 10:48 AM)Kugawattan Wrote: I need to change GP to Gil and more.

The laziest way is to create a character in the font that contains the letters "il", then changing these occurrences in the menus (bank C3, search for "GP"). As for occurrences in dialogues, well I don't think I need to explain that.
  Find

Status
Charmed
Yeah. I've already edited all instances of Gil called GP except the status screen, so I needed help for that. I also need to change more stuff in the status screen such as SwdTech and Blitz's names, too.

Now, I did not want to ask this because I feel like I ask too much, but it's driving me so insane it's killing me.

All I want to do is to have Gestahl replace Kefka as the one putting the Slave Crown on Terra. Now I know Gestahl doesn't have hands up backwards or laughing sprites, but I plan to do something different.

CC/A451 <- This technically is what creates Kefka's sprite, but it's labeled 1A, when in most circumstances Kefka's character ID is labeled 15. Whenever I edit it, I almost always end up getting a Soldier, regardless of what I put instead of 1A. I don't know what to do anymore. Help's appreciated.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I recommend taking a look at the "Imperial Castle, Inside" map in the LE. The order of the NPCs in the LE represents what ID you'll need to use in your event to manipulate any of the NPCs on the map. And you won't be able to manipulate any NPCs that aren't on the map.

For example, NPC #0 in the LE corresponds to character $10 in the event dump. NPC #1 represents character $11. And NPC #10 in the LE represents character $1A in the event dump. This explains why you controlled Kefka using $15 in the event code before; on the map where the event took place, Kefka was NPC #5.

Normally you'd have to use the LE to place a Gestahl sprite on the map in order to use him, but luckily NPC #5 is already Gestahl here. So you could use this version of him in the event.

In fact, Terra in this event is also an NPC, and not the regular version of her sprite. She is controlled using $1D instead of her normal $00 here.

Confused Moogles FTW