Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Regarding the Locke + Moogles vs Narshe Guard event...

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(06-20-2015, 12:29 PM)Kugawattan Wrote: Yeah. I've already edited all instances of Gil called GP except the status screen, so I needed help for that. I also need to change more stuff in the status screen such as SwdTech and Blitz's names, too.

As I said in my previous post, for the menu you'll need to look for the occurrences in the C3 disassembly. You can make a search in a text file, right?

(06-20-2015, 12:29 PM)Kugawattan Wrote: This technically is what creates Kefka's sprite, but it's labeled 1A, when in most circumstances Kefka's character ID is labeled 15. Whenever I edit it, I almost always end up getting a Soldier, regardless of what I put instead of 1A. I don't know what to do anymore. Help's appreciated.

1A is the NPC number on the map. What you'll need to to is assign Gesthal sprite ID to object 1A using event command 37. Something like 37 1A XX, where XX is the sprite ID.

Edit: Lockirby solution's work too. In fact, you could change Kefka sprite directly in FF6LE. Sometimes I tend to overlook easy solutions.
  Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
It took me a while to finally get the animation right, but

[Image: c_by_kugawattan-d8y29ng.png]

I said it before but I love you guys so much. I just felt the need to say it again.

I'll try the text on the status screen later, I'm sooo tired right now D: just so you know, I'll edit this here post if it turns out all right. Stay tuned, as more questions might pop-up.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Yeah. I've already edited all instances of Gil called GP except the status screen, so I needed help for that. I also need to change more stuff in the status screen such as SwdTech and Blitz's names, too.

See: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...p?tid=2886

Like I mentioned in this post, loading up the same table file and doing a text search in the hex code will bring you to what you want, right around C3/5C4A you'll see them all.

EDIT: Oh the actual names of the Blitzes and Sword Techs? That can be done with FF3usME of course, in the spell editor section. Unless you used the patch that expands the name length? Then you'd want to load that table file and search for the name in the hex code as well.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Perhaps this isn't really relevant, but shouldn't it say "on our side"? Tongue

Nice job though, you're getting there.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Charmed
Quote:Perhaps this isn't really relevant, but shouldn't it say "on our side"? Tongue

It's what happens when English is not your first language -_-

[Image: d_by_kugawattan-d8y2yj5.png](< well that's huge)
Anyway, I managed to edit the text on the Status Screen. Sorry it seemed like I wasn't listening or something. My mindset was stuck in "battle quotes and status screen won't be in the same table file". Sorry '^^

However, I wasn't able to find 'GP' in the Battle Table, not even 'Steps' (even though I don't want to change that). And even if I were to find it, I'd need extra space to put 'Gil' on it. Or make an 'il' character, if I knew how to do that :/

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Status
Nattak\'d
To make an il character, the best way is to go into FF3usME and into the Gfx editor (graphics),
and there in the first tab, Big Font you'll see all the characters, letters and numbers etc. One that is unused anywhere in the game is the @ one, index 0x50. So you would just instead change that one to 'il'. In the same font obviously as where you are going to use it. So then, when you do find it in the hex code (sorry I'm not sure off hand where it is atm) you would change the GP to G@. In the game and font it would look like Gil then, you see.

P.S. May I ask what your first language is then? Just curious.

Status
Nattak\'d
Try searching for the text GP without a table file, I see a couple instances there at C3/C33A - C3-C3E0 . Those look like the shop ones though...

Okay, yes you do need to use the same battle table file to see the menu one, along with Steps, Time, etc. and notice how in the menu it is Gp, and not GP? Try searching for that. *hint* *hint*. Or search for Steps, since they are all most likely grouped together on that screen. I know you say you couldn't find Steps by searching, but I just tried and it worked. Loaded the battle table file, text search for Steps, went right to it. But yeah, Gp not GP.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • Kugawattan (06-20-2015)

Status
Charmed
[Image: final_crossover_vi_00000_by_kugawattan-d8y3bi9.bmp]

YOU GUYS ARE THE GREATEST! I LOVE IT!

Spanish be me first language. That one from the right side of the Atlantic.

Status
Nattak\'d
Nice job! And glad to be of service.
And Spanish, got it. Cool man! Your English is good I honestly couldn't tell that much. =)

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Yeah, I didn't notice until you pointed it out. I feel that even native English speakers often make similar mistakes to those ones though, unless it is something important that they are paying attention to.

Confused Moogles FTW