Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Changing NPC sprite in FF6LE has no effect

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
So, obviously I have tried FF6LE for this, and it's not working.

I have removed Locke from my game, and I need to change the sprite during the "Choose scenario" scene, and I have changed the sprite/palette and position just to see if that did anything resembling progress, and no result. Still the little [sexist comment] Locke.

It has become pretty obvious that they are building this scene off a different map, or else loading it as part of another event. The event that executes after ultros does nothing resembling this and neither does the entrance event for that "map". Wondering if this is hard coded or something.. I figure someone has worked this problem out before, but couldn't find any mention of this in any one else's posts.

Sorry for such noob-ish posting, but I really have only the slightest idea what i'm doing and this goes beyond me. Thanks for looking.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
You're doing something wrong. Make sure you save the level AND the ROM in FF6LE. Also, using a savestate directly into the scenario choosing screen will result in having the wrong sprite (not the updated one). I tested changing locke sprite and it works perfectly.
  Find

Status
None
I swear I saved both times. And i made it load the map each time too. I am going to try it again tonight, and I'll post back with results, but I definitely tried. Maybe I'll see if someone can do it and send me a patch and see if that works if this doesn't. Thanks Madsuir. (Man I hope I spelled that right)
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
His name is right there to see lol. But yeah that has to be what it is, that NPC change is purely done via the level editor, like he said you must make sure not to use a save state when testing it, loading a saved game would show the change though, make sure to save on both windows and that will do it.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(06-14-2015, 02:54 PM)justincreedon Wrote: Thanks Madsuir. (Man I hope I spelled that right)

Nope Tongue
  Find

Status
None
Yeah, I know! I was trying to do from memory (quick reply doesn't work on my phone and I was at work) sorry Madsiur. Finger

Edit: Just got home, tried it, and it worked... I am such a noob, I'm sorry for bothering you guys. I hope this is the last time I make an ass of myself like this. Finger
  Find

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Aw, don't worry about it buddy.

We all make fools of ourselves when we try things we aren't familiar with, IIRC, Poco can't do anything music related and if he asked around, people who have somewhat training in it would likely see anything he struggled with as child's play, but if they tried things he could do, he could probably handle it in a matter of minutes as opposed to their hours of butchering the rom.

We're all learning together, and those who know a little more are nice enough to help out their buddies. Smile

┬──┬ ノ(゜-゜ノ) I return thee table to thy intended position, mankind does not mean to flip you so often.
  Find

Status
None
Thanks Joe, makes me feel a little better. Smile
  Find