Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
To get Shadow you have to bet the Striker. Usually you can get one by betting a chain of other items.

https://github.com/abyssonym/beyondchaos
Beyond Chaos is a full-game randomizer for FF6.

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Ah. Thank you, I forgot the name of the item!
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Status
Prowess
So I can't really find a changelog from version to version. What are the changes from version 57 to version 58?

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Status
None
I haven't been keeping changelogs for BC but the commit history functions as a changelog of sorts. Here's the commits between 57.1 and 58:
Quote: enemies can't randomly get slots skills in their control lists
make more bosses vulnerable to at least one status ailment
add two codes to the README (naturalmagic and naturalstats)
fix issue where Guardian (the weapon) is consistently ranked too high
greatly increase the odds of finding magicite at the auction house
fix issue of music not being changed in some ancient cave modes
always use joke final boss
less random palette for the final battle
don't alter the special action of weapons that already have one
more sensible message about Ragnarok
re-allow game guide generation for ancient cave mode
add more references (this means more secret Easter Egg items to choose from)
Points of interest:
  • Fixed the bug mentioned in this thread where certain enemies' control lists might have game-crashing skills.
  • Auction house magicite is very likely to appear, now.
  • Weapons that have a special property (such as Fixed Dice) won't randomly lose it.
  • The ancient cave modes now generate a (limited) game guide.
  • Although more bosses are "vulnerable to at least one status ailment", the odds were only increased a little bit.

Status
Prowess
Oops, didn't even realize the commit log was a thing! What does "always use joke final boss" mean? Was there a chance of a joke boss not appearing, and the final fight just having standard Kefka alone?

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Status
None
For a while I was using the "swap character graphics" flag as a "joke" flag. So if you didn't have it set, you'd get a normal Kefka at the final boss instead of a joke Kefka. But then I decided that I liked the final boss joke a lot more than swapped character graphics, so I changed that.

Status
None
Hello, love the randomizer. I'm trying to generate a good seed that has the esper 'Ragnarok' as a command. I've used seed 1112223334 before but I wanted to try to find one with more variance in other commands as well. Anyone have a good one?
  Find

Status
Prowess
I've never seen Ragnarok as a command, and assuming you just randomly generated that seed for fun (1112223334 just seems like you weren't searching for a seed with Ragnarok at the time), I'm honestly really surprised that you found such a specific seed so quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if no one here has another seed that you're looking for. Commands can be drawn from a list of literally any single Spell/Esper/Lore/Blitz/Bushido, and more likely, it will be a command that exists in vanilla, or an R/W command. Combining this altogether, the odds are incredibly slim for any single spell from Magic/Esper/Lore/Blitz/Bushido to be drawn.

Sorry to burst your bubble here, but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for someone else to have a seed generated with Ragnarok in it.

On another note, you could generate Ancient Cave or Speed Cave files(if you like those modes) until you get Ragnarok as a starting esper(which I believe is a lot more feasible), and then go from there, given that Ragnarok only costs 6 mp. And if that's not enough, you could always use an FF6 RAM editor to give yourself an Economizer.

Find

Status
None
I've gotten Ragnarok as a command a few times, it's actually not as rare as some other commands. But yeah, I didn't keep any of the seeds so I wouldn't be able to tell you any of them.

Status
None
Hmm, is there a way to run many randomizations at once?

Like, to tell the program to use 25 random seeds, with these set flags, and it'll generate 25 roms? I'm just running dozens upon dozens to see what gets generated and it'd save me a bit of time haha.
  Find