Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
author: Leviathan Mist
Download
MP Overflow Fix

This is a simple patch which raises the maximum number of hours the game can keep track of. The timer now maxes out at 255:59 instead of 99:59.

http://slickproductions.org/forum/index....pic=1831.0

MP Overflow Fix (Click to View)

Screen shots:
[Image: 255a.png] [Image: 255b.png]

I haven't thoroughly tested this, but I don't foresee any issues if applied to a clean ROM. The IPS file does alter some things in the main menu and the save menu, all related to the timer, so if you have a custom layout or something, you may have to go in and reposition the timer.

UPDATE: The link to my website wasn't working, so I linked to the relevant post on the Slick Productions forums.
  Find
[-] The following 7 users say Thank You to Leviathan Mist for this post:
  • JWhiteLXXXIX (05-24-2017), Kusanagi_999 (07-22-2021), madsiur (07-10-2013), ReturnerScum (03-06-2016), SenioritaAeslnd (07-07-2016), SSJ Rick (05-27-2017), Warrax (06-25-2016)

Threads: 13
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
I know this is an old thread, but I've been testing this and I've discovered that it interferes with the MP cost for Step Mine. MP costs for spells in general are 8-bit values, so without this patch, since the maximum time would be 99:59, the max MP cost for Step Mine would be 199. With this patch, the maximum time is 255:59, so in theory the max MP cost would be 511; however, this is no longer an 8-bit value. It's now a 9-bit value, but the top bit gets lost. As a result, for anyone who has played for 128 hours, Step Mine now has a cost of 0 when it should be 256.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to 13375K37CH3R for this post:
  • ReturnerScum (03-06-2016)

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 47
Status
None
I've also found a bug with this. It's so awesome to see over 100 hours that I care even less about step mine now. Nice of you to let him know, LeetSketcher
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
(02-28-2016, 02:15 PM)13375K37CH3R Wrote: I know this is an old thread, but I've been testing this and I've discovered that it interferes with the MP cost for Step Mine. MP costs for spells in general are 8-bit values, so without this patch, since the maximum time would be 99:59, the max MP cost for Step Mine would be 199. With this patch, the maximum time is 255:59, so in theory the max MP cost would be 511; however, this is no longer an 8-bit value. It's now a 9-bit value, but the top bit gets lost. As a result, for anyone who has played for 128 hours, Step Mine now has a cost of 0 when it should be 256.

That certainly explains that, I saw the 0 MP Step Mine cost in my hack and thought it weird. Thanks for the heads up.

Status
None
Thanks for letting me know. I will post an updated patch to the Forum Slickness thread shortly, that will hopefully offer multiple options to fix this issue.

Update: Step Mine MP overflow patches have been created. Relevant link: http://slickproductions.org/forum/index....9#msg24849

These can be applied over the 255 hours patch. ROM must be headered.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
I'm going to host the fix and link it in your original post if you don't mind.
  Find

Status
None
(03-30-2016, 02:02 AM)Madsiur Wrote: I'm going to host the fix and link it in your original post if you don't mind.

Oh yeah, feel free, and thanks. I don't have a site to host patches on anymore.

Edit: Apparently the patch isn't quite done yet. It fixes the MP cost in the menu, but not in battle. I'll work on the battle portion tomorrow.
  Find

Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Hey, it's nice to see you're working on this patch again, because if you don't mind terribly, I would like to request an optional feature be added: to make the timer roll over to 00:00 once it caps out, instead of getting stuck on 255:59.

The reason being, that there was an awesome Day/Night cycle mod made a while back that depended on the state of the play timer to set the brightness on the world map. Unfortunately, when the timer caps out, the brightness setting would get stuck too.
I realise adding this change to your patch would make Step Mine reset its MP cost too, which is why I suggested it be an optional addon to your patch. However, with this mod, I think the Day/Night cycle mod and your patch would go together like peanut butter and jelly and both patches would see more adoption. Please consider it, thank you.
  Find

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
(03-30-2016, 06:41 PM)seibaby Wrote: Hey, it's nice to see you're working on this patch again, because if you don't mind terribly, I would like to request an optional feature be added: to make the timer roll over to 00:00 once it caps out, instead of getting stuck on 255:59.

The reason being, that there was an awesome Day/Night cycle mod made a while back that depended on the state of the play timer to set the brightness on the world map. Unfortunately, when the timer caps out, the brightness setting would get stuck too.
I realise adding this change to your patch would make Step Mine reset its MP cost too, which is why I suggested it be an optional addon to your patch. However, with this mod, I think the Day/Night cycle mod and your patch would go together like peanut butter and jelly and both patches would see more adoption. Please consider it, thank you.

Old post I know but can you point me in the direction of that day/night mod?

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to seibaby for this post:
  • JCE3000GT (05-26-2017)