Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Rages and Formation - How do they work?

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Basically, I want to exchange White Dragon/Holy Dragon with Naughty/Naude. So Naughty will have a Rage while White Dragon will not have one and hopefully the dragon won't appear on the Veldt. This can be easily done with the FFIII multi editor to swap their data manually. With the event script/event dump, I've found their "initiate" battle with their associated event (formation, etc) so I'll need to change that too, but before I start... I have a few question related to the topic title.

I've read a few post on another forum about after a certain # of formation within the data, the formation after this # will not appear. Also, others have mentioned that if a monster has a Rage and is place with an unragable monster formation (example, Dirt Dragon formation or any "boss" formation), this formation (Dirt Dragon formation with Ragable monster) will appear on the Veldt. Is this true?

I've try to find out this #, but I can't seem to find it nor any documents related to Rage, formation, mention this. I did find and read the Veldt document, but I didn't find the answer to my question. Was this # documented somewhere by any chance?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
You can check on of my post concerning this: link

Basically, the code will check if the monster number is over 255. If it's the case the monster is considered as a boss and the formation won't appear on the veldt unless one of the other monster of the formation as a number below 256. Then it will check if the formation number of the monster is over 511. If it's the case, the formation won't appear on the veldt, no matter what number the monster has.
  Find

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Hey, thanks for the link and information you provided Madsiur. That was quite a nice read, very informative. Thanks again.
  Find