Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Changing Gau's Rages

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Ok, so I need a bit of help here. I've been making my own "Hard Version/Natural Magic" of fedorajoe's "General Leo Edition" hack, because I felt it was the best hack around but far too easy. While modifying Gau's rages, I came across a bug with the General Leo hack itself. It appears that the Misfit Rage and Brontaur are combined, so if you leap on the misfit, you obtain the Brontaur rage twice. This is obviously a problem, because you can obtain the Brontaur rage far too early (and it appears twice in the rage list; once in the wrong order).

I was wondering if someone can tell me which code I need to adjust to fix this. You can download the General Leo Edition here:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread-2384.html

NOTE: I do not have permission from fedorajoe to release my tweaked edition yet, but I'm hoping he sees my thread/emails and responds soon. I will not post my work until he does so. Wink
  Find

Status
None
So nobody knows how to modify Gau's rages?  I really thought someone would have an answer on this forum of all places!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
IIRC, Gau learn all rages from the formation he leaped into. I don't really have time to check but you can look in bank $C2 ans search for "leap, rage, etc.". It is well documented. The only work I've done on rages is the veldt formations, detailed here. I have no idea how the bug you describe occur.
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 10
Status
None
in the Skills menu, what positions are the two "Brontaurs" at?  treat the top left as #1, and top right as #2, etc.

Status
None
(05-05-2018, 01:13 AM)assassin Wrote: in the Skills menu, what positions are the two "Brontaurs" at?  treat the top left as #1, and top right as #2, etc.

I guess that would be #30 and #143.

#30 is where the Brontaur is supposed to be, while #143 is supposed to be the Misfit. I also confirmed that both of the entries give the player the Brontaur abilities.
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 10
Status
None
sure it's not #141?
also, if the patched ROM is still open-able in FF3usME, can you tell me their two Enemy IDs?

as for the cause, i still don't have a good theory.  a mis-editing (i.e. repeating a value) of the list of Enemy IDs used for alphabetization could have a monster in two menu spots, but it wouldn't cause the nonsense of leaping one making you learn another.

Status
None
(05-14-2018, 05:50 PM)assassin Wrote: sure it's not #141?

I have checked 3 times now and it is at 143, unless you count the first entry as 0 or something (which would be 142 then). In-game, I started at the very top left and counted it as "1", then just pressed the right arrow until I reached Brontaur, counting as I went.

Quote:also, if the patched ROM is still open-able in FF3usME, can you tell me their two Enemy IDs?

The enemy ID in FF3usME is 132 for Brontaur and 164 for Misfit.

Quote:as for the cause, i still don't have a good theory. a mis-editing (i.e. repeating a value) of the list of Enemy IDs used for alphabetization could have a monster in two menu spots, but it wouldn't cause the nonsense of leaping one making you learn another.

To clarify, I am actually not 100% sure if leaping on one monster actually gives you both rages. I made that assumption, because if I use FF3usME to start myself off with just one of those rages using the actor editor, it will give me both of them in-game (using SnesGT and snes9x emulators). I have not physically lept on those monsters in-game, because it would take hours to actually find them on the Veldt to test for real. Maybe I am wrong making that assumption?

Assassin, maybe I can send you a patch? I don't know how to create one yet, but I'm sure I can figure it out. Although I have been modding games for years, this is my first time messing around with FF6 (been playing it since it came out though). I have been working on this particular mod for maybe 6 months now.
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
This sounds a bit more like a menu issue than anything to do with the learning. I don't know what code he used to resort, but hypothetically it could be skipping resorting a value in the menu causing it to show up in that slot. I would pick through that code if you are able.
  Find

Status
None
(05-14-2018, 08:28 PM)B-Run Wrote: This sounds a bit more like a menu issue than anything to do with the learning. I don't know what code he used to resort, but hypothetically it could be skipping resorting a value in the menu causing it to show up in that slot. I would pick through that code if you are able.

Meh, I'm really not a coder though. I would rather spend that time focusing on the rest of the mod (graphics, monsters, balancing, etc.) I was hoping someone else would know so I don't have to spend months learning how to code this game, and instead focus on what I'm good at.

[Image: Ut36PwA.jpg]
  Find