Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Changing weapon animation?

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
I am making Laguna from FFVIII and made so he only is able to equip a set of weapon. Now i wanted all of theese weapon animations to look like the "Auto Crossbow" from tool.

Can anyone tell me if and how this is possible?
I can see that the tool animations is in byte 10 XX
While all the weapon animations is in byte 07 XX.
If i would be able the change theese specific weapon animation byte to 10, instead of 07, would it make a difference?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
Tools animation are 16 bytes animations and weapons animation are 8 bytes animation. I don't think they work the same way, meaning a value for animation 1 copied to left hand or right hand will have the same result. Autocrossbow has 4D 00 00 as animation 1 and 4E 00 as special animation. Modifying a weapon left hand, right hand or hit effect with those values will not work.

I don't know much about animation and I could be wrong so maybe you could send Drakkhen a pm with your question. He's the author of FF6MDE and probably knows more about animation than anyone else on the site.
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Actually, any index from 0-255 can be used in either the 8 or 14 byte animations. Whether or not they'll produce the desired result is another story.
One thing to keep in mind is that the third animation slot works differently(it uses different locations) and is not compatible with animations designed for other slots(including the 8-byte animation slots) and vice versa.
In this specific example, putting the autocrossbow's animations into a weapon's will result in a correct animation, but the character doesn't take an initial step forward. This results in the character taking an unwanted step back, putting them behind their previous standing position. This will be the case with most animations from non-weapon abilities.
Unfortunately, I haven't done a lot of research into the deeper workings of animations, so I don't really know how to rectify this problem.
If one could figure out how to force a step forward, maybe a bit in the animation could be coded to signal to do so. But, I'm not sure where in the code things like stepping forward/backward are even done.

Status
None
Alright!
But, lets say i want to give the weapon Dirk the Autocrossbow animation.
Can i do it with FF3usME?

i mean the weapon animation only uses 2 digits for their animations, while the Tools uses 4 digits...
I am sorry, i am very new in this whole community and i only know Hexing in theory, and never really used it practically.

Thanks by the way! both of you
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
that what you are saying wont work

you can give the dirk the autocrossbow animation but as Drakkhen just said your character will just keep taking steps back

zeemis did something to fix it with the help of someone named shall

you can ask him

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
ah got that part that he will keep moving back and back for each attack ^_^
i thought that i would start at that point and try to figure out how he takes a step forward or just stay in place.
Thanks man! ill try asking him if i dont find the thread!
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
lol np man

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC